Poll

What weapon skill do you use with your Sampire or Whammy template? Tell us why!

Throwing
1 (6.7%)
Archery
0 (0%)
Swords
9 (60%)
Fencing
1 (6.7%)
Mace
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Sampire/Whammy weapon skill choice  (Read 4648 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Sampire/Whammy weapon skill choice
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »
Have always gone with Swords for no particular reason but I've also struggled doing much with it at all too. I've been watching a couple guys solo coon pretty quickly and they are using Archer Sampires, I'm thinking about trying it out.

What do you use and why?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire/Whammy weapon skill choice
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »
Mainly so I can use a scimitar with whirlwind.  Then switch to a swords weapon with AI to finish off the champ.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
I use swords only because it has the widest range of weapons and has the widest range of arties available.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »
I use Whammy's, never Sampires. Don't ask me why, they are just my cup of tea.

I choose Mace Fighting Because Scrolls are Cheap, Oak kits are easy to get to make 100% Black staves, and you can make 50 ssi stave's if you really wanted.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:04:03 AM »
A note about Baracoon. He's cake with anything Ranged. You don't even need Chivalry, just slap on the Vermin Talisman, Repond weapon and AI the Crap out of him.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Swordsmanship mostly..   Double Axe, Radiants, Bladed Staffs.    I really don't do general purpose Sampire characters anymore though.  I had a spawning one for the longest time with resist and he used Swordsmanship, but I long ago ate a 120 everything on all my characters so became pointless.   I try to build specific setups for various monsters to maximize efficiency killing them etc these days.   It just depends on WHAT your killing and how you want to to it.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
I use swords mostly because it was what I had 120 of way back when. I use a radiant scimitar for whirlwind at spawns. For champs, peerless, etc I use a specific slayer/damage type bladed staff.

I also have one sampire archer. I do like that character but in my experience you need atleast one melee so the target isn't always chasing you. I was really wanting to try out a sampire thrower last year but I never got around to it.

Offline hayhay

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hayhay has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »
Swords is better againist mace and fence however the ps cost is quite higher. You can find mace and fence ps on vendor in really cheap prices.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »
Mace does well, my sampire is still a macer and has solod just about anything out there to be solod. Makes quick work of every spawn champ and does well on harrowers, Only thing I haven't been able to solo really is Lady Mel (For obvious reasons). Infinite mana means infinite armor ignores which means survivability so long as you can hit whatever you're fighting. Does on average 150-210 dmg to whatever it's attacking per AI.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: