Author Topic: PvP Template  (Read 3645 times)

Offline sobeTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sobe has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
PvP Template
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
I just came back from taking a break for the last 6 years off OSI I been playing T2A. I was looking at running one of these.

Mage Archer

Magery 120
Meditation 120
Evalint 120
Magic Resist 120
Archery 120
Tactics 100
Focus 20

Pure Mage
Magery 120
Evalint 120
Magicresist 120
Wrestling 120
Scribe 100
(80 Poisoning or Just in MED no PSN
60 Meditation  Or Just 120 MED)

DP Dexxer
Fencing 120
Magicresist 120
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Poisoning 100
Healing 100
80 Med or Focus or bump some skills to 120 instead of 100

Any Ideas would help alot

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Template
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:35:52 AM »
OK.. quick thoughts..

1) Archer Mage.   Still a Valid Temp, though for Tac Mage I see far more melee weapon builds than I do Archer Builds.   I'd say it definitely has potential but these days your effectiveness if PvP has a lot to do with what kind of CRAZY shame (overcap Mods / total Intensity) Items you can get a hold of & squeeze on a template.

2)Pure Mage..  This is basically a Focused Mage meaning that your SDI cap is 30%.  I'd definitely include 120 MED on that particular template and again the effectiveness of it will be based on your skill in large part, but If your not hitting the EXTRA mods.....

-Casting Focus
-Damage Eater all ~18% or Say Fire Eater ~30%
-18 Hit Point Regen

You will be at a disadvantage.  Just consider that a Focused Scribe mage aka 40% SDI with 0 HPR in a DUEL style fight with a non-focused Mage 15% SDI but 18 HPR...   That's about equal dmg taken for both once you figure in the CONSTANT 2 hit points per second (if your human) Regen that the non-focus mage is receiving.  It's all about Adding versatility with another casting school (mystic / necro / weaving etc) vs RAW dmg output. I see Focused Mages wreck people in small groups once you get that sync dumping down it only takes 3 of them to INSTANTLY kill people pretty much if done right.

3) DP Dexxer...  How FAST are you and can you afford a BADA$$ Splintering Weapon?  Also....   You will want Anatomy on that temp otherwise you won't cure poison / RES people.  I think when I build that I included like +40-60 skill points and went with 80 poison but managed 100 ninja for animal form.   I'd have to look.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
In regards to the scribe mage template... Something I always do, and that I highly suggest doing : Overcap your INT while blessed. This means that when you're blessed, your INT stays at 150 regardless of being cursed, this will ensure that you gain the 15% bonus dmg to your spells from INT.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 07:13:03 AM »
  I misunderstood if you plan on coming back to OSI or not. If you plan on playing OSI i'll offer my input.

-Archer mage: next to impossible to build correctly and very expensive to try. The basics on this temp for pvp are 30sdi and 45dci. With archery on it you'll also need 45hc and enough damage increase for 35 armor ignores. That leaves very little room for essentials like EP and most likely you'll be lacking something you wished you had..either balanced weps, hit spell on weps, sdi or dci or hc or DI. My opinion is to find another temp.

-Pure mage: Can't go wrong here. Just make sure you have 30sdi and you're all set.

-DP dexxer: The downfall with all of the temps you're wanting to play is that if you get put on foot you're going to be screwed without ninja. 80 poisoning is all you need either way.

Tags: