Author Topic: Which is faster?  (Read 5516 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Which is faster?
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »
Ok, this may be another somewhat silly question - but since I'm probably getting famous for them by now - I figure I've got nothing to lose..   ;D

So here goes:

Which one of these is the fastest? (Of course each does exactly the same things).

A macro created with the Options tab on the UO PD.
A macro created with UOAssist.
A macro created with EUO or oEUO.
A macro created with the EC.

Flame away....

Now - Of course I'm not talking about the complexity of scripts available to EUO or oEUO users, I'm talking about the basics (switching weapons, drinking pots, things like that).
I'm getting tired of playing on a different playing field than a couple of the people that have PK'd me recently.  I'd like to at least be as fast, not that it's going to help me that much...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:09:57 PM by Grandewd »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Which is faster?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
I use a mix of in game UO client (UOC) default macros and AssistUO macros for consumables/custom macros.

From what I understand, EC has some pretty awesome gear swapping capabilities. You can instantly swap weapon sets, talismans as well as instantly dress which is not currently possible with UOC, however I have a hunch that with client modifications or perhaps with a client loader such as AUO, such a thing could become possible as obviously the server-side rule set is already implemented in order to adhere to the EC capabilities.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:59 PM »
Woops
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:32:40 PM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:28 PM »
Actually DX, I think OEUO allows you to utilize the EC's Dress macro in the classic Client. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember hearing.

Definitely Going to have to be UO macro or Enhanced Client Macro. The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, the  more programs you add in between you and the Client, the slower the macro will be.

Interesting.. I have yet to look at OEUO as I have no love for LUA. But I might have to look into it for that alone. I shot the idea over the the AUO people not too long ago though, I'm hoping that they can come up with something for their client :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
I use a mix of in game UO client (UOC) default macros and AssistUO macros for consumables/custom macros.

From what I understand, EC has some pretty awesome gear swapping capabilities. You can instantly swap weapon sets, talismans as well as instantly dress.....

Now, when you say "instantly dress" - do you mean that in the sense of the instant dress that a UO mannequin can do?  Because if that IS the case, then the EC has power that EA has never admitted....

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »
Actually DX, I think OEUO allows you to utilize the EC's Dress macro in the classic Client.
Now I'm going to HAVE to look for that script and see how it works...
***Edit*** I went to the OpenEUO Script board and couldn't find anything referring to the EC... Do you remember where you heard that?

Definitely Going to have to be UO macro or Enhanced Client Macro. The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, the  more programs you add in between you and the Client, the slower the macro will be.

Well, that's exactly what I was thinking - but wanted to rule out any other "advantages" that EUO or oEUO might have that I might not be thinking of....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:55:44 PM by Grandewd »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
Woops
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:32:23 PM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »
Woops
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:32:07 PM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »
wopps
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:19:53 AM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 01:44:38 AM »
Woops

Woops?  Are you suggesting that you wish you hadn't mentioned it and that you are hesitant to answer my questioin?

Or did you go out to collect some loot off Swoops and just misspelled it?

And does PM work here?
Woops...

*** Edit ***  NM

So, are we not able to continue this conversation here?  I mean, this IS ScriptUO - is it not?
We are not subject to the same code of (misbegotten ethics) that is still in place over at EUO - thinking somehow that something we say here could in some way cause some sort of backlash?
I mean, look at the number of posts over there and the number over here.... I was under the impression that we could discuss most anything here?  After all, do we not have a script section named Gold Farming?
It's 2013 and we're barely alive... Lets have some damn fun people !

Just sayin........ ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:37:12 AM by Grandewd »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:03:11 AM »
So, are we not able to continue this conversation here?  I mean, this IS ScriptUO - is it not?
We are not subject to the same code of (misbegotten ethics) that is still in place over at EUO - thinking somehow that something we say here could in some way cause some sort of backlash?
I mean, look at the number of posts over there and the number over here.... I was under the impression that we could discuss most anything here?  After all, do we not have a script section named Gold Farming?

I regretted mentioning it! There are some things in the gaming world that are dangerous in the hands of the masses. Giving a dexxer the Ability to "Equip Last" To any weapon might not seem like much when compared to other things, but in the hands of someone Competent on a dexxer. *Cough*. But I guess since its possible in the EC, oh well.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:48 AM »
So, are we not able to continue this conversation here?  I mean, this IS ScriptUO - is it not?
I mean, look at the number of posts over there and the number over here.... I was under the impression that we could discuss most anything here?  After all, do we not have a script section named Gold Farming?

I regretted mentioning it! There are some things in the gaming world that are dangerous in the hands of the masses. Giving a dexxer the Ability to "Equip Last" To any weapon might not seem like much when compared to other things, but in the hands of someone Competent on a dexxer. *Cough*. But I guess since its possible in the EC, oh well.

Hell, I'm absolute crap as a dexxer, but give me that ability on my dexxer and omfg... Might as well rename him to Game Over

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »
I think MW was posting and drinking again.  lol, that'll teach ya!

*drink up*
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »
Ok, I "woops'd" my post in keeping with the current trend....  :P

Now, could one of you 3 woops people kindly PM me with more info.... I promise not to go out and outduel everyone in the game... Since I don't duel or pk anyway and I'm old...

Respect your elders... PM me. :-X

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
Nothing to Pm, its just the Oeuo Macro

UO.Equip(id1,id2,id3,id4,etc)

Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: