Author Topic: Treasure Hunting ... My way  (Read 12346 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Treasure Hunting ... My way
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »
Solo Template Male Gargoyle

120 Mystic
120 Focus (+20 ring)  - High Mystic and Focus makes the RC last longer
110 Magery (+20 ring) - You will need spell casting to finish those nasty Ancient Wyrms off with when they get scared and run.
110 Eval
100 Mining
100 LockPicking
100 Cartography

Suit

All 70's for resist
100% LRC on my suit
Beef up SDI (I have mine at 50%) (You can put 30 just on ring and bracelet)
Also get a good amount of MR (mine is 28 but you want need this much)
Get a few Slayer Books ( I only use a Dragon Slayer with 9%SDI on it but demon and repond could make it easier)
Also put 40% LMC on your suit.
With the left over room on my suit I filled with DCI and Damage eater.
With Re-Forging you double reforge and get up to 10 LMC (i only ever got 9) and 4 MR on a armor piece. I was using bronze hammer for these.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:33:27 PM by Masscre »

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Hunting ... My way
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »
For my run I have all the following

Davies Locker
Sextant
Skeleton Key (10 uses)
Lockpicks (just in case)
Shovel
Bag for goodies I get chest
Backpack for any items worth unraveling
Treasure Maps
Extra Rune
Never hurts to insure these

With my template I have been able to do 1 ~ 6 Level maps no issues (except AW if you get a few of these they can be a major headache ie imagine 3 AW chasing you :) )

TerMur Maps are the easiest
Malas would be next easiest
Tokuno islands are next they tend to place some of the maps near other spawns
Ilshenar can sometimes be a bastage because of the Paragon Guardians
Fel/Tram are the hardest because of the AW and Frost dragons when in groups

Simple walk though.

Collect your Treasure map you wish to do. Now place it into davies locker and it will give you degrees but not minutes which if i remember correctly only leaves you about a 10 x 10 square to sort out.  I then travel to the location ie 155 S x 61 E. Now find a spot about 20 ~ 30 paces away from the digging area, here is where you will use the rune I mentioned earlier. If you need to recall away from the action or you die and need to go get healed you have a way to get back near the action quickly. Then I get as close to the center as i can should be 155 S 33 X 61 E 31 and then dig in the 4 quadrants of that which will at 100 mining cover a 4 x 4 area. When I hear the nice digging sound of a chest being hit I move which stops the digging and cast RC then I start digging again. The digging will last about 10 seconds. While it is digging I will cast invis.  When the Chest pops up so will the guardians and at this second I click on myself to invis me.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:41:40 PM by Masscre »

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »
At this point the RC will start doing his job and I will walk away and wait for him to unsummon. When this happens I will cast again and move in till I see a Guardian and cast near him then re invis again. Rinse and repeat till all Gaurdians are dead. In the case of Ancient Wyrm try to lure one away and equip your dragon slayer and cast RC on him once you are away from the other guardians and invis. Soon as he put his attention on the RC start pounding him with spells. You need to kill him quickly because he will rubberband back to the chest spot after about 5 mins.  After all guardians are taking their necessary dirt naps use the skeleton key(gives a +10 on lockpicking) or lock picks and pick the chest. It is better to use the skeleton key because you run a chance of failing and if you fail you run a chance to destroy an item in the chest. Also if a grubber appear he will steal an item in the chest so chase him down and Energy bolt him to death fast. The grubber is very fast but has very little health. Once you kill the grubber loot his body of the item he stole. Now use telekines on the chest while standing 4 paces away from the chest to open it. Now I cast a RC next to the chest while I loot what I want from the chest. Each time you take an item from the chest there is a chance a new guardian will spawn. So keep a RC up at all times. Now here is where the EC comes in handy with it you can see what all is in the Tresure Chest with out having to take everything out of the chest, but it is personal preference. I do not.

Now close the chest and despawn (left click on the chest and it will give you the selection) the chest once you are done, clean up after yourself and place all unwanted loot in the corpses of the dead guardians. Take your nice new loot to the bank our your house. Place your used treasure map in a trash can. Level 6 maps are worth 1000 clean up points nice !

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:12:57 PM »
I will place more information and pictures here once I find them or collect them. Enjoy and ask question if you have them.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
Nice write up! I do things very similar. One thing that I have found that works well when digging up the chest is to mark a rune a couple of screens away. I precast recall once I start digging, when the guardians spawn, I target my rune. When I was using invis, I would get revealed a lot on the higher level chests, especially when there were a lot of casters among the guardians. If it was in ilsh, I would mark a rune at a gate in tram and then run back to the chest on level 6 and 7 chests.

Another thing that I like to do after lockpicking the chest it to have the chest targeted and keep it targeted. I then have a macro for casting telekinesis on my current target. It makes it nice for times when it is hard to see the chests due to trees and grasses.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
Nice write up, I do just about the same thing except i have another character that discos the guardians.  They go down much quicker.  I use a follower script and a disco script so it automatically discos the guardians ands and follows around behind me.  I cast a rc and let it go to work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:53:51 PM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
Okay I have been gone long...what is "Davies Locker?"  And skeleton keys?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:17 AM »
Davy Jones locker is a vet reward (8 year I think) that holds up to 500 T maps or sos and tells you lat and long of treasure position (just in degrees not degrees and mins)

I have a little macro set up in UO steam that digs under my feet and I walk up and back to find treasure in a flash (I don't use any mining)

useobject 0x407720dd   (this is my shovel)
waitfortarget 1000
targettype 0x14eb         (targets t map)
waitfortarget 1000
targettile 'current'           (digs under my feet)

Skeleton keys (you get from treasure chests) are just like lock picks
each has 10 uses and do not lose charges on a failed pick,
I stopped carrying lockpicks a long time ago (especially on Siege where they have strange use limitations)
They also provide a +10 bonus to LP but I don't think it stacks.

a Master skel key has 1 use I think and never fails to unlock a chest

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:35:34 AM by gimlet »

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 11:34:34 PM »
Thanks for the info!  :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 11:20:04 AM »
Anyone reworked this due to the changes?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 01:51:27 PM »
Basically, now you need remove trap instead of mining.
The cartography skill gives you the same advantage that mining used to. So you can pretty much do the same thing, other than needing the remove trap operation. There is a chart on the timing which is dependent on your RT skill and you have to kill the grubbers if/when they spawn.

Add one of the spellcasting masteries to make your summons harder to dispel.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Tags: