Author Topic: What am I missing here?  (Read 6291 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What am I missing here?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »
Oh, okay you missed the Part about the Types

if %spellbook in %Mage_Book

%SpellBook is the ID for the Book, not the Type which is what we are comparing when we look.

And Delete these lines. Trying to explain that they are already set when you use the gosub. 

set %1 %ScrollSecure
  set %2 %spellbook
  set %3 %scroll . %N

You can see it with this little snippet of code

Code: [Select]
Gosub Test This is a test
Halt

Sub Test
Display %1 %2 %3 %4
Return

When you use a gosub, it automatically sets %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 etc etc etc
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Online CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What am I missing here?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »
OMG I am an doofus! I did see the booktype and thought I had changed it but my power cut out while I was testing and I forgot to go back and re-change it.

I did not realize that I needed to take out those other lines, I thought you meant by having just the %1 there, that it did not know what to do. I did not realize it needed to go. Thank you, working like a charm and I learned a lot from this one!  ;D

Tags: