Ultima Online Fan Board > Player Templates

Fisherman Template Question

(1/4) > >>

KaliOfLS:
So, all this high seas talk and fisherman stuff seems interesting.  One aspect of UO that I never got into was fishing back in the day.  The only reason I traveled the seas of brittania was to gain skill with 8x8.   

Anyway, been looking around the net and here and it seems that any template really can crush what you need for fishing.  Except this thing called a scalis, who I fought once on the coast of bucs den with about 15 other people and took hours to beat.  So minus that thing, what about leviathan?  I figure if I can't take him with my template, I can always bring my legendary tamer or sampire along for the ride. 

With that being said, what about this template?  My fisherman is absolutely just created new for the most part.  He is a gargoyle and maybe this is a probelm?  I planed on putting mysticism on him since I haven't tried it out, and also toyed around with throwing but going to opt to not do that.  I think I'll make another thrower since I have some characters that are.. unfortunately boring as hell now and never played.  Like my traditional thief.  Side note, any thing fun to do with him anymore?  Seems since insurance, they're not much fun.  Plus people always seem to know I am stealthing around champ spawns and trying to catch a 120 of anything of value at a spawn from someone is almost impossible to get away with.  Anyway I digress.   

The template I am looking at is:
120 Fishing
120 Myst
100 Mage
100 Eval
100 Focus
100 Med
100 Resist

(20 coming from gear)

However, it may be prudent to drop mysticism and just make them two characters... Something I can put imbuing on or a mystic thrower or something. 

lamar:
a fisher only need 2 skills , fishing and magery, 
mindblast is enough to kill serps and water ellies, but ofc, adding eval speeds the killing up using e-bolts and reptile slayerbook, max sdi aswell and you can kill serps in one spell

what i did, was i used my fisher to train up my imbuing, as you get tons of stuff you dont want in the chests to unravel

Crisis:
My 2 fisherman

120 Fishing
100 Magery
100Eval
100 Med
100 Focus

120 Fishing
110 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Heal
100 Chiv

With a slayer bow, spellbook, or tali, anything else is overkill and even those templates are uber high power for what you fish up getting MIB's and doing the SOS.

The Ghost:
It all depend how hard you want to work.   Wait, we are at SUO.

The template I use:
120 Fishing ( 120 is just to get those special pie fish)
120 Tailor
100 tinker
100 Mining
100 Med
100 magery
80 Eval +20 Jew

Since I didn't have any use for the reward Vollem I decise to give one to my fisherman.   For me it was the best move,  he kill any monster in sight for me.
Cheers

Gemviper:
I have multiple fishermen on several shards.

I pushed one of them to 120 fishing to take in the new content and promptly gave him stealth/hiding/ninjitsu to run around as a llama at full speed to get to the dungeon fishing spots. I then realized I preferred fishing with 100 skill, not 120 skill.

Why? a less cluttered pack(only 4 stacks of fish happen if you don't get the fishing expansion) and I don't cook or do the fish quests. Why not? Because I make more gold just fishing than cooking or doing quests.

I tested that too, I set one fisherman to do nothing but fish while I ran around questing on the other, and later cooking on yet another, and each time the fisherman doing the straight fishing came out ahead gold wise.

On my OSI server the crabs and special fish don't sell quickly and don't pay well enough to justify the time getting them, I make more just straight fishing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version