Author Topic: Lockpicking spawning chests  (Read 12436 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Lockpicking spawning chests
« on: November 17, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »
+1
Hi guys -

I created a Lockpicker today just for grins and found that Rebirth doe snot seem to have the standard Trinsic and Vesper Bank spawning chests. Before I keep running all over with my remaining 400 gold and no armor lol, any advice as to if there are any world-spawn low level or other chests to be picked on Rebirth?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Lockpicking spawning chests
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:16:23 PM »
+1
Do you know off hand what the level of the chests are? 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »
+1
Also, check out Fel Vesper.  I also added some chest to Tram Vesper. 

Added some to Trinsic Tram.  Fel had some but I bumped it a bit.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:30:42 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
+1
Oh cool, very nice :)

The chests in Vesper usually range from level 2 through 4. Chests in Trinsic bank (behind the interior locked door) are usually 2 x 4 and 1 x 3.

XII

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
+1
There's a bunch now.  hehe.  Who's your character?

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
+1
Thx Tm,  guest I will have to raise locking now.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »
+1
There's a bunch now.  hehe.  Who's your character?

XIIxOveR
Captain Morgan
Abdul Alhazred

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »
+1
We have those training Chests, but there is a bug i want to fix about them before i can spawn them again. Give me 1-2 Days then i will check them and may include them onto next fix.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 05:03:27 AM »
+1
We have those training Chests, but there is a bug i want to fix about them before i can spawn them again. Give me 1-2 Days then i will check them and may include them onto next fix.
Ah, that may be why I couldn't open any of them :)

I forget the message I was getting but there was a lengthy pause after targeting the chests, maybe 5 seconds or so, then I would get a message. I'm at work right now so don't have it in front of me but I'm happy to test again whenever you need!

Pretty tough to get going secondary characters going there, at least compared to prod shards. Been interesting to have to care about every little gold piece lol. I've even resorted to picking through the Luna garbage to NPC resell stuff getting dumped in just to get the $$ for a horse hah!!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 05:12:25 AM »
+1
[quote
Pretty tough to get going secondary characters going there, at least compared to prod shards. Been interesting to have to care about every little gold piece lol. I've even resorted to picking through the Luna garbage to NPC resell stuff getting dumped in just to get the $$ for a horse hah!!
[/quote]

I use to be able to hunt in Termur for gold kill toxic slime since the spwam was little and u can move around,  On rebirth their is a monster on every 8x8 tile. 

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »
+1
I can tell you, that we working on making Rebirth to be a better place almost every day. I also know, that we are not EA acurate, this is because we dont get enough help finding issues and then resolve them.
Some things we may handle different on Rebirth, but our direction was always be similar like EA.

about the Chests :
- There should be respawning chests on Vesper, i guess TM would be able to spawn them.
- An Ex-Dev contributed Training Chests for lockpicker, but i want to review them once more in order to keep a certain code Quality alive.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 08:30:51 AM »
+1
I can tell you, that we working on making Rebirth to be a better place almost every day. I also know, that we are not EA acurate, this is because we dont get enough help finding issues and then resolve them.
Some things we may handle different on Rebirth, but our direction was always be similar like EA.

Don't take my "hard" comment as criticism, it wasn't. Hard isn't bad and "EA accurate" isn't necessarily good.

Since i've never played a free shard before I have no idea what should be reported as a "bug" or issue vs what is simply supposed to be different from EA and is intended. For example, on an EA shard I can pick low-level spawning chests with a low-level lockpicker or buy regs and blank scrolls and turn them into a little bit of profit while training Inscription. Just because I was unable to do that on Rebirth doesn't mean these are bugs, they are just different. That's fine.

about the Chests :
- There should be respawning chests on Vesper, i guess TM would be able to spawn them.
- An Ex-Dev contributed Training Chests for lockpicker, but i want to review them once more in order to keep a certain code Quality alive.

TM did spawn some chests in Vesper. I can't pick them still lol, guess 50 isn't going to be enough even for the low-level bank crates. My goal was to be able to train the skill without using any help from another player, that's why I was going after the bank chests. I thought this would be interestingly fun but also a potential way to get some starter items and maybe a little gold for further training since the usual methods aren't necessarily valid.

X

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 09:00:15 AM »
+1
I had been playing OSI for 17 years and never try free server before.    The main reason I try rebirth, is because ppl only have good think too said about it.  I love the fact that Rebirth look close to OSI but have his own twist.  I haven't meet any player yet (except for Crisis and 12TimesOver )

We have developed technique to train and make money over the years that work for some of us.  We were usually able to train and advance our skill, and we have hit a wall and don't know enough to rectify our approach.  As I get stronger and can survive the 1-2 hit kill stages, I will explore now and see the full potential of your work.    I love the way you code the IA of some monster. 

PS. Crome since we talking about bug, I try to register on bug forum, but can't see the info (letter/number) on the right.  so I can't complete the registration.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 09:07:08 AM »
+1

PS. Crome since we talking about bug, I try to register on bug forum, but can't see the info (letter/number) on the right.  so I can't complete the registration.

You will need to send me or Crome a PM on RebirthUO with the username and password you want and we will be able to add you to tracker.  The bug tracker does allow anonymous posts of bugs too. So you don't have to be logged in to post a bug.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
+1
So the level 1 chests require 52 lockpicking skill.  Level 2 requires 72. 

What Pure is making for us is a set of lockpicking practice chests so you can raise that 2.0 that you need to start farming them.  I've added a bunch of treasure chests and I'll probably spawn a bunch of the practice chests over in the Britain keep just west of the bridge.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: