Author Topic: [UO.com]Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    1%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO.com]Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja
« on: November 10, 2016, 11:51:05 AM »
Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja

Greetings Everyone, We will pushing Publish 95 to Origin & Baja by approximately 4pm ET today, 11/10/2016.  Izumo will receive Publish 95 during its normal maintenance period. Until Publish 95 is deployed world wide, character transfer between Origin, Izumo, and Baja will be disabled. Publish 95 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. We will also be pushing a mandatory client patch as well, so make sure you are running the latest versions of the classic […]

http://uo.com/2016/11/10/publish-95-comes-to-origin-izumo-baja/

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [UO.com]Publish 95 Comes to Origin, Izumo & Baja
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
Wow that was quick. I thought we had a month like normal cycles go from test to live!

I went ahead with, and have about 90% completed, a recall bribe script I figured would be helpful post pub-95. Not even 48 hrs ago they announced that bod pts value would be displayed ON each bod so I modified the math section of the script and just wanted to test it out... thought we'd have a couple weeks more, lol. Bod turnin is a bit more complicated than it seems, even with bod values on the bods themselves, because of the requirement that you spend ALL the non-banked pts you get. You can't proceed until you account for spending all of the pts and bribing bods makes that easier to do.

Anyone want to bet that the new pub has more bugs in it? That was a quick cycle!

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »
if you need help testing the bribing script I'm all for it :)

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »
I have it doing what I want already, it recalls around, finds the NPCs, moves to them, checks if a bribe is possible, pulls bods from a bribe book and puts bribed bods into another book, moves on when bribes are tapped out etc. I wrote all of it myself except for the recall subs, no sense in rewriting those when TM has provided a really good set of recall subs already! (http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=18)

I just wanted to convert it even more towards the new pts system and was going to combine it with a bod sorter so that I could just hand him a mixed book and let it rip. That's taking a bit of time due to the new bod types, each with their own reward tables to consider.

My personal scripts don't have things I don't need, like menus because... well, I don't need them to use them :)  I'd add some before releasing anything, though I suspect elite members probably have this done and more already. I also don't sort my books by reward type, trash + bribe + fill is enough for me in a pts system where any bod can be any reward with a bit of bribing. I'll share it when I get a chance to finish the last parts and test it a bit, hopefully some find it useful.

Wow, already published to production shards and they didn't even fix the new bods fitting into bod books issue yet...

Tags: