Author Topic: C2's Build a Thief Multi-skill Trainer (Stealing, Stealth, Hide, & Tracking)  (Read 40300 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
C2's Build a Thief Multi-Skill Trainer (5 Skills)

This script will train:
Stealing
Hiding
Stealth
Tracking
Snooping

Code: [Select]
; Script Name: C2's Build a Thief Multi-Skill Trainer (5 Skills)
; Author: C2
; Version: 1.0
; Shard OSI/FS: OSI
; Released 7/12/08
; Purpose: Thief Skills
; Credits: Roke for how many to steal/skill table info

; Revisions
Code: [Select]
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Directions;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
To set this up you need:
-get a pack horse
-get any type of bag and place it in your main backpack with 12 bottles in it
-find a very private place to train
-Hit Play and Enjoy!

Stealing and Snooping need to be trained in Fel

Stealing requires:
(1) a pack horse
(2) 12 bottles in a bag inside your mainpack
(3) no items at all in your hands!

* Note for Endless Night - At very high levels stealing gaining are brutal.  Endless found stoning off other skills mad gain rate faster for his training and that matches gain rate/ stratics with gaining faster with lesss total skill points.  Cool find and explore this if u are training up to 120 or so.  thx. Endless

Snooping Requires:
(1)Hire some NPC and get it in a safe place to train. I train in Fel. Not sure about rules in tram but i think hired npc's are snoopable. You may be able to hire a NPC , tell it to all follow, recall where ever you wish to train, log in and out and have it there.
(2) You need a certain amount of Hiding skill to even start training! I think it is 50 hiding skill to train stealth
(3) You need to wear the correct clothing to gain stealth. If anyone wants to post the clothing to wear here, it would be appreciated and added to the write up.

Stealth Skill Gain Skill Training Posted by H8ful
0 - 30 Buy skill from NPC
30 - 65 Normal Clothes
65 - 95 Full Studded Leather Suit
95 - 100 Full Studded Leather Suit + Close Helm
when gains slow after 100 use Chain Tunic, Ring arms, and Plate gorget to go 120 stealth. (Thx Bajathief)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
C2's Build a Thief Multi Skill Trainer 1.2.txt
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:25:00 AM by _C2_ »

Offline Shocker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Shocker has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Worked like a dream

Offline bajathief

• Activity:
    0%
  • bajathief has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
C2 do you have the information on what to wear for stealth after 100? I am using your script with mix of studded, chain and plate and have hit 116 and stuck no gains for over an hour. If I put too much on I get you have no chance of stealth message. I think my phy is 34. Thanks again for your work and time

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
I really don't know.  It is not tied to AR like it was in the old Pre AOS days to my knowledge.  I bet stratics is the place to try to acquire this under the profession forum for thieves.  Please post any info you acquire.

I think the last time i went up that high - i use uopowergamers and i had a plate gorget and maybe gloves with one studded armor piece and so pieces not on.

Offline bajathief

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
OK Thanks Im trying Chain chest, Ring Arms, and Plate gorget. I will let you know tommorrow if I get any luck

Offline bajathief

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Ok that armor combo worked and took me to 120 stealth. I stayed with Chain Tunic, Ring arms, and Plate gorget. I am working tracking now, 0 to 80 in couple hours. I love the pen trick it makes it so much faster. I used to use uo loop with assist but that took forever. Thanks for your support. I love your scripts

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
Ok that armor combo worked and took me to 120 stealth. I stayed with Chain Tunic, Ring arms, and Plate gorget. I am working tracking now, 0 to 80 in couple hours. I love the pen trick it makes it so much faster. I used to use uo loop with assist but that took forever. Thanks for your support. I love your scripts

I am going to add your findings to the armor/skill training and thank you for always posting your findings.  It makes the hard work worth it when users of a script report out the good, the bad and the ugly!  +1 karma

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
updated for pen fix.  no skill timer trick anymore at this time- i hope all enjoyed it while it was there

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
I looked on UO Guide to see what they had listed for Hiding and this is what they stated:

60 - 100: Hide in your house (where you cannot fail), Stealth, repeat. The use of the stealth skill lowers the timer before you can hide again by a few seconds, hence allowing you to gain at a faster rate. As you can't stealth unless you are already hidden the house is used to ensure success.

Would there be a way to train these both together instead of indivildually since they both work together?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
I looked on UO Guide to see what they had listed for Hiding and this is what they stated:

60 - 100: Hide in your house (where you cannot fail), Stealth, repeat. The use of the stealth skill lowers the timer before you can hide again by a few seconds, hence allowing you to gain at a faster rate. As you can't stealth unless you are already hidden the house is used to ensure success.

Would there be a way to train these both together instead of indivildually since they both work together?

if u train stealth... the script looks to see if u are hidden and if u arent it rehides until hidden then does stealth.  So you can train them together but i am curious about the timer for stealth.  I am not too sure that u can click stealth skill any faster but u can hide then stealth over and over fast if that is what u meant.  i iwll have to try hide stealth hide stealth and see what happens with the timer.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
+1
Also a cool idea for the script would be to add in an option for casting magery invis then stealth. I'm pretty sure that still works and nulls the timer for hiding. Be like using the pen trick all over again.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
+1
Does the stealing training in this script no longer work .. i let it run for 30 mins 0 gains at 32skill to start

my bad was using old version downloaded current.   Might want to note that if your close to skill cap even if loads of skills set down you probably wont gain... this happened to me until i Soul stoned them off.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:43:45 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
+1
Does the stealing training in this script no longer work .. i let it run for 30 mins 0 gains at 32skill to start

my bad was using old version downloaded current.   Might want to note that if your close to skill cap even if loads of skills set down you probably wont gain... this happened to me until i Soul stoned them off.

I added your note to write-up - thx for excellent feedback to improve strategies.

too bad the old version with a pen trick does not work.  damm!!!

Offline tehmt

• Activity:
    0%
  • tehmt has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
+1
here's some old snipplets from a stealth advisory i found somewhere years ago:

0 - 25.8 No armor needed or you could buy it from an NPC

25.8 - 57.4 Leather Gorget, Leather Gloves
Resists = Phr-4, Fire-8, Cold-6, Pois-6, Energ-6

57.4 - 65.0 Ringmail Glove, Leather Sleeves, Leather Gorget
Resists = Phr-7, Fire-11, Cold-7, Pois-11, Energ-9

65.0 - 84.5 Ringmail Gloves and Ringmails Sleeves,Leather Gorget
Resists = Phr-8, Fire-10, Cold-5, Pois-13, Energ-9

84.5 - 95.0 Ringmail Gloves, Ringmail Legs, Leather Tunic, Studded Sleves, Studded Gorget
Resists = Phr-12, Fire-18, Cold-11, Pois-19, Energ-17

95.0 - 100 Leather Legs, Chain Tunic, Ringmail Sleeves, Studded Gorget, Leather Cap
Resists = Phr-14, Fire-19, Cold-14, Pois-15, Energ-15 [See below in Tips/Tricks for training above 100].

*ALL* Armor worn was bought from NPC Vendors!!

Training past 100 is simple. I went from 100-120 wearing a chain tunic, ringmail arms, and a plate gorget. The gains were somewhat swift 8x8'ing it, gaining legendary status in 3 days of heavy macroing from 100. The items were no NPC bought, but pre-AoS, it didn't care what the AR level was, just the armor type, and it seems to remain so. The trick is to remember what peices to wear, which isn't well documented.

[...] Ok, got to 120% in 3hrs 20 min from 110.4%. The plate gorget, chain tunic, ring arms combo is the *bleep* for GM+.

-------

maybe that helps for the questions what to wear! GL

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
+1
Excellent input!  Thank you!  :o

Tags: