Author Topic: Funniest movies ever?  (Read 27158 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Funniest movies ever?
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:54:17 PM »
Ok, I'm sitting here trying to think of my top 5 funniest movies I've ever seen.  So far, he's my list in no particular order:

. Hot Shots I & II (they were both good)
. Young Frankenstein
. So I Married an Axe Murderer
. Dumb and Dumber (sorry, I thought it was funny)
. ....cant' think of a 5th

What say you?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Funniest movies ever?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:48:50 PM »
Robin Hood: Men in Tights

You cannot beat that movie. IT IS HILARIOUS!
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »
I am definitely with "Robin Hood, Men in Tights", "Young Frankenstein" (or should I say Frahnkenshteen), and yes I agree with "Dumb and Dumber", what can I say? LOL.

Man, there are so many funny movies out there but if I had to list a couple of my favorites it would be a combination of some older and some newer:

Space Balls <---- oh yeah, I said it
Old School
Caddyshack
Superbad
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

And I have to say, Kung Fu Panda had me laughing so hard when I took my daughter to see it that I thought I was going to choke to death.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
Oh yeh definitely Space Balls (are we tending to see that Mel Brooks is the MAN!>?!?"

Anyhow, I may need to sticky a list of the funny ones in no particular order assuming we can get a few people to agree.  I do need to see Kung Fu Panda; it sounds like a couple people I've chatted with so far have enjoyed it to the point of requiring an undergarment change.

TM
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:50:50 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »
it sounds like a couple people I've chatted with so far have enjoyed it to the point of requiring an undergarment change

Hey, Who told you?!?!?!?! I thought tying a sweater around my waste and running to the car before the credits were done rolling should would saved me some embarassment!

XII

<edit> oh, almost forgot - and again on the Mel Brooks theme, "History of the World: Part I" was damn funny. Even movies he did with Richard Prior: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil", "Stir Crazy" ("Yeah, we bad...we bad...and we don't want noooo *bleep*...yeah, nooooo *bleep*"). And who can forget "Blazing Saddles" of course!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:44:44 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:17 AM »
You know, I had never watched "History of the World, Part I" until just a couple weeks ago.  That one is fun too.  I tell you, Madeline Kahn (Princess Nympho) is hilarious in it (as well as Young Frankenstien).  Count de Monet.  rofl.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:03:47 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
Kung Fu Panda ROCKED... i was laughing with my nephew the whole time.  Any Mel Brooks movie is the bomb.  There are some great comedies out there that are way before mel brooks even. Some Like It Hot...GREAT OLD MOVIE.  Arsenic and Old Lace..hilarious.  Carrey Grant rocked the scenes back then.  Same with Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
I have to add "Hot Fuzz" to the list.  Man, I have nothing but good things to say about it.  Funny, and I enjoyed the directing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »
Every one i know that has seen "Tropic Thunder" has said they have never seen a funnier movie... personally i havent seen it yet but with those kinda reviews im certainly looking forward to it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:06:58 AM »
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Superbad "McLovin lol"
Space Balls
Robin Hood : Men in Tights
Austin Powers (cant remember which one)
Home Alone (when ur kid u love this)
Three Amigos (not sure, been ages since i seen it)
Happy Gilmore
Mr. Deeds
Anger Management (im so pretty, oh so pretty,.... )
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
I liked Office Space alot Milton was hilarious "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler... " , " I could put... strychnine in the guacamole." He was a hoot.

Pure Luck with Martin Short and Danny Glover was my kind of movie too.

And Stir Crazy with Gene Wilder and Rcihard Pryor. Them getting ushered into Prison was funny as hell.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »
Ohhh, Office Space, how could i forget that one.  Brilliant and funny movie!

I'm getting closer to being able to generate THE LIST!!  Keep the suggestions coming.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »
I cant beleave noone has said the Evil Dead series or even Shawn of the Dead. Yeah everything is bad about it but come on, I laugh my ass off watching them.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:46 AM »
I cant beleave noone has said the Evil Dead series or even Shawn of the Dead. Yeah everything is bad about it but come on, I laugh my ass off watching them.

Evil Dead I was only kinda funny.  However EDII was a riot.  My personal favorite was Army of Darkness, though.  I believe I own like 5 different copies of AoD and I even have the necronomicon version and also the "Shop Smart" Ash action-figure.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline check16

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • check16 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »