Ultima Online Fan Board > Player Templates

Suggestions for an Archer

(1/3) > >>

TrailMyx:
So it's been a VERY long time since I played around with an archer in UO, but I've been thinking about building one on VnV just for S'n'Gs.  I remember having fun with a provoke archer that was fun for PvM 1:1, but I'd like to figure out something that can handle a larger spawn.  Is that even possible?  This is really only for PvM since I don't do PvP well.

Anyhow, lemme know what you've had fun playing with in the past or something that you might think would be a good powerful combination using the new fangled rules of today.

The Ghost:
Woes VnV have the mice artifact,   This can help building a template. 
Mace & Shiield, the new doom artifact. 
Does PS go to120.     

Archer are not realy design to do  champs,   Sampire work better.     If you ar talking 2 or 4 monster,  Archery/sampire/healer or Archery/Sampire

Gaderian:
The difficulty with archery is there is no mob control.

Melee classes have whirlwind on a weapon which allows great crowd control.

You already hit on the Provoke + Archery template - which is pretty good.
Another option is to use jewelry to do +skills and have 2 weapons skills - archery + swords could complement each other well because there are +20 head pieces with those skills on them, so you could swap the head gear at the same time as the weapon. Then you only need GM skill on each.

TrailMyx:
Good ideas guys.  I sort of figured that was the way of things.  I have started a sampire and will probably continue with that, however I was recently feeling nostalgic for my archer.  VnV makes it very nice to add jewelry because the added bonus doesn't detract from your actual skill value.  You can be a GM without power scrolls and still have 140 of a skill with jewelry added, so it's easy to turbocharge a template fairly easily.

TrackStar:
I've been running my archer with bushido and bushido mastery and necro with spirit speak. Tons of healing with life leach bow, bushido mastery and spirit speak and able to maximize damage output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version