Author Topic: Hello ScriptUO!  (Read 927 times)

Offline AliTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ali has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello ScriptUO!
« on: October 30, 2022, 05:34:21 PM »
Well met, I go by Ali. I've played UO off and on since I was about 8 years old when my older brother allowed me to make a character on his account in '99. I created my own account shortly after AoS released. My brother stopped playing at that time and gave me his account and both of these accounts are my mains to this day! If only I had kept their subscriptions active the entire time, I'd have some shard shields lol

I played pretty heavily from 2002-2009 on Sonoma and Pacific. I was living at home with my parents and used dial-up internet most of the time, but occasionally I'd visit a relative or a friend with broadband and it was like a super power! I took a fairly long break after I graduated high school all the way up until 2020 during the pandemic; I logged into my main account on OSI as Endless Journey just to poke around and relive some nostalgia and someone approached me purely by chance at Luna bank and said they liked my name and invited me to their guild. I was inducted in and have met plenty of awesome friends who have kept me engaged with the game! I honestly didn't expect I'd still be playing UO now nearly 3 years after coming back, but as they say, you never really quit UO, huh?

As for my interest in ScriptUO and scripting UO in general, I'm no stranger to automating things in the game, it's probably 80% of my enjoyment of the game at this point lol. My main focus has always been focusing on QoL scripts and automating various resource gathering. I also love PvP, but it's one of the few aspects of the game that I refrain from automating, preferring to actually press buttons to smack people around :). I used EUO primarily back in the day (I see some familiar names around these forums, though I'm not sure what username I went by on the EUO site back then), but have gotten into Orion primarily which finally gave me some motivation to become competent with JavaScript. I had a lot of free time these past couple years and it was a lot of fun teaching myself how to use Orion's scripting engine and solving the unique problems that arise in this game.

I'm active in the Orion Discord with the same username and love to help people however I can. The Discord format isn't the greatest as a script repository, so I sought out an active forum and landed here! I hope to make some helpful contributions to ScriptUO's Orion script library! Thank you for having me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello ScriptUO!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 06:44:29 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 03:19:13 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 07:55:08 AM »
Welcome to the community, 
Glad to see  an ORION User.     Your help will be more them welcome.  I have been learn JS  few month back.

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 05:45:51 AM »
Welcome! I've also been taking the plunge into Orion. It's a solid client and the scripting can do a lot.

Tags: