Author Topic: Best UO noob story  (Read 5401 times)

Offline PillerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Best UO noob story
« on: December 09, 2022, 05:23:53 AM »
+1
Myself and 2 RL friends started UO together. We all started in moonglow and myself and Tom were warriors and Dave was a mage. We found the graveyard and were having a great time 3 manning it at night. Soon our first night Dave ran out of black pearl he said he found all the other regents he needed but nothing was dropping black pearl. We found a house right outside of town with an npc standing there that had some regs and 2 black pearl were 100 gold. We pooled our $ and got the 2. We noticed every hour or 2 2 more black pearl would appear on the vendor so we would buy them. The price over the next few days was going up each time we bought them but we all farmed and farmed to get dave his pearls.

This goes on for around 3 days and im going to see if the 2 pearls had respond and there was a player in the house with the NPC (we didnt know what vendors were or that players owned houses for that matter). The player ask me "Are you the guy that keeps buying the 2 black pearl?". I told him yes and went on telling him the story of my mage friend. To this day I can see this guy laughing at his PC when he tells me "The 2 pearls you are paying 500g for are just display open the bag below them and they are much cheaper inside".

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Best UO noob story
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »
lol

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 04:50:00 PM »
Love it!! Reminds me of when I first started. I was a day one noob and was running around the brit crossroads and I saw an ogre and started to attack him. There were houses on both sides of the street and all kinds of players hanging around. Needless to say, the ogre stomped me and I was so embarrassed to die so bad in front of all these people. I rezzed, came back, grabbed my measly possessions and high-tailed it before anyone could mock me. It wasn't until the next day after talking to a friend that I found out they were actually vendors and not people. I thought they were just like the bank sitters, never occurred to me that they were NPCs. Embarrassment averted, no one other than my friend knew. 

Offline PillerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 12:46:55 PM »
I ran with a small but tight 8 man guild after PS came out. We actually had a new years eve party at my house one year a few traveled many states to get there. We would shard hop to champ spawn and then sell scrolls on LS/E-bay and split gold/$ monthly. Great team, we worked together very well.
My nox mage had over 5k counts and was full artied out when that was unheard of just an extremally over dressed cocky red (we all know the type  ;D) I was switching skills for the 5 millionth time and was re working parry and had to go do something so I had my one guildmate watch my health as I was in jeholem farms.  This smart @#% kills all the spawn around me except for the chickens and watched them peck me just to get a screenshot of [Rollend has been killed by a chicken].

To this day I occasionally find an e-mail in my inbox with no message just this screen shot attached.. 

Tags: