Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 964 times)

Offline thediadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thediad has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: March 10, 2023, 02:59:26 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm The Diad, a long-lapsed UO player from (mostly) the late 90s and a little bit in the early 2000s.  After I put all my teenage blood sweat and tears into my account I sold it on eBay and never looked back :(

I can't say what it is that made me think of UO again after all these years, but I had just started wondering about if the game was still running.  To my surprise I saw that it still has an official release as well as a number of free shards.  I haven't fully explored what that takes to set up and enjoy, but it sounds really great.  And of course the most important ingredient in successful UO is thoughtful use of scripts!

Anyway, thanks for keeping the scene running, I hope you'll allow me in.

Edit: I forgot to post my favorite skills!  I was always animal tamer all the way! And my main account was on Chesapeake all those years ago.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 06:25:19 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.8%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline thediadTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thediad has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 04:29:32 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I must say, requiring an intro is a really great idea.  Such a simple thing that (I presume) filters out a lot of people that might not be so great on the board.

Tags: