Ultima Online Fan Board > UO-Related Tutorials

New Char, New Shard, an Essay.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Hoby:
Thx for the update.  U r motivating me to start a new char on atl or gl.  Will follow ur example and see how i do. I do have some gold on atl with some newb chars.

Toptwo:
Update:

Ok, been on and off training, could have trained much faster if they had not of started ToT just as I started this char...but here is my next update.

6-21/6-22 trained up Bushido to 115 and locked it, also trained up Chiv to 85, locked. This morning I started on Parry. I got myself 20 daggers, and shopped FindUO for some armor. I spent 88k patching together an all 70's leather suit from the vendors in Luna. Off I went to the Yew sheep pens. It didnt take me to long before I realized that I was going to have a problem...so.....

I created a "support char" on another account. I started this char with 50 Blacksmith, and 50 Tailor. I bought up Magery as far as I could, then Used Super Bob to train it up to 50 real fast. I then took this char down to the Sheep pens to help. With this char I could heal my whammy as she trained up parry, PLUS I could repair her 88K worth of new armor as she trained.

It took 3.5 hours to train Parry from 23.9 to 115 and lock it.   Also during this time I turned Int down, and dex up (dex was only 10 and int was 125) Dex moved up fairly consistantly until I hit 100 parry..from there it FLEW, so anybody doing this keep a close eye on dex when you hit 100 parry as you can easily go past your target cap..I was seeing 2 dex points a sec going up after 100 skill. So, current skills are:

Bushido   115
Parry      115
SS         100
Chiv         85
Necro       50

Swords     24
Tactics     24

Current Stats are:
Str 120
dex 100
int 30

I will start training swords and tactics off and on starting this evening, along with farming ToT's on Sonoma off and on. As soon as I can get swords high enough to kill orcs I will head for Tokuno to do some farming on Atlantic.

Ultima:
I know you didn't have one at your disposal being new on Atlantic but for any future readers wanting to train Parry a Darkwood Bloodwood suit in tandem with a Bracelet of Health makes for a very good suit when training Parry in the Yew Pens because of the high HPR. Also those Darkwood suits rarely lose any durability which is an added bonus because durability can be an issue when training on them der sheep.

I recently equiped a Darkwood Bloodwood Suit because the wear and tear of farming Treasures in Tokuno was taking it's toll on my faction gear. I'm a big fan of Darkwood Armor (Bloodwood and Heartwood that is) and they make for a very good back up suit. :)

Toptwo:
Update:

Well, I haven't really played this char a LOT since I been trying for my Mempo on sonoma. I finally got tired of that and decided to work on her some more in the last few days. Here is whats been going on...

I took her out to Tokuno with her 24 swords/24 tactics and started training on lizard men. I trained swords up to 50, but tactics were stuck around 30 I wasn't gaining at all. I figured that Liz men must be to high for me to really train on..so off I went to the Tok desert. I started training on Death Watch Beatles, and hatchlings...things started flying from there!!! Anybody starting a new char and wanting to train swords/tactics up fast should head for these little guys! In less then 6 hours of farming ToT's with them I was up to 92 swords, and 90 tactics.

I then spent about 8 hours training with a golem. The golem was given to me and I spent 100k on a 100% poison weapon. Skills at the end of training were Swords: 110.2 and tactics 109.4 I have been spending about 6-8 hours a day for the last 3 days farming orcs in Tok for the ToT's. Thanks to _C2_'s Farm-o-Matic script (Its GREAT to be Elite!) this is very easy to do! I have also managed to turn in some items, and now have a rune beatle carapace, and Stormgrip, so I have a little better armor, and it was "free". I have also managed to sell all of my tokuno dyes for a little over 9 Million gp. So, started with 5 Mil, spent about 3 Mil, and now have 11Mil..so am already making a profit!!! So far today I have collected 6 more dyes that should sell for about 4 Mil. Plus I have enough drops for another turn in. Swords and tactics are still going up just by killing orcs, but VERY slow...current skills are: Swords, 111.3/Tactics 110.2. Will update again soon and let you know how the training/gold status is going.

mcscooter:
I'm impressed with how quickly you raised up these skills.  It seemed to take much longer on my warrior, although it's one of the few chars that I basically didn't macro unattended.  

Still very much enjoying this thread, by the way.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version