Author Topic: Maddog's Demon Killer (w/ Honor option)  (Read 14355 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Maddog's Demon Killer (w/ Honor option)
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:47:56 PM »
+1
PURPOSE:
Used to kill Demons (or other user-defined monsters) with archery/throwing or melee skill with or without Honoring. Does not include healing!

INSTRUCTIONS:
- You must be using either a bow, throwing, or melee weapon to kill the demons(monsters)
- Script will ask if you wish to use honor or not
- This script does not heal your player. If using Honor, this is usually not an issue. You can run a separate healing script alongside this one. It should not interfere if you're not using honor

VERSION HISTORY:
Version 1.2 - UPDATED 05-02-2013 @ 4:30PM
- Fixed issue where script stopped after one iteration due to #clilogged look for 1 instead of 0
Version 1.1 - UPDATED 08-30-2009 @ 8:38PM
- Fixed issue with attempting to honor creature out of range
- Script will now pause if you're dead and resume within 2 seconds once you're rez'd
Version 1.0
- Initial script release
- Option for Honoring
- User may change %monster to creature type they want to kill, default is Demons

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Maddog's Demon Killer - Dexer v1.1.txt
Maddog's Demon Killer - Dexer v1.2.txt
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:31:50 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog Demon Killer (w/ Honor option)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »
+1
Ok... the avatar is just mean. :'(
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »
+1
LoL I do have the good version that isn't quite so frustrating, but sadly it's NSFW so I won't post it without permission from TM or Cerv. I could however LINK to it if they allow me to!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
+1
Ok... the avatar is just mean. :'(

Yes it is! I still stare and wait lol.... Maybe TM could start up a NSFW section, nothing too crazy though.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:57 PM »
+1
LoL...Imagine logging in every day and that's in the top left corner of my screen next to the shoutbox (that's where your personal avatar shows up for you). And no, we're trying to keep this a semi-family-friendly site, so there will be no NSFW section. Now let's try to keep this thread related to Demon killing!! hehe

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »
+1
Demon killing hell.....lets talk avatars!!!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »
+1
I think that TM and Toptwo are running a close race for the best avatars.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »
+1
Honor only works out to 8 squares. You'll try to honor a LOT of Demons but you'll get the message and miss.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 05:07:12 AM »
+1
Hi,

I agree with Cerveza and ... about the honor distance 8 is max.

What do you think about this:
stop the script when the char turns into a ghost ...
and not when you got logged out ... ?

cu

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »
+1
Thanks for the input. I actually did have the 8 tile thing in the script but it got "lost in translation" when I made a new file with all the nice pretty Header/Instructions/VersionHistory. Stupid me thought I was consolidating code, when in fact I was brain sharting. I will update it this afternoon!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »
+1
A nice little mainloop I use:

Code: [Select]
SUO:
repeat

; all the mainloop stuff goes here

until #CharGhost = YES
while #CharGhost = YES
  wait 0
GoTo SUO

Only one goto and it's only called if you die.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:44:23 AM »
+1
Yea in standard scripts I like to use:

repeat
   repeat
      ;Insert main loop
   until ( #clilogged = 1 ) || (#charghost = YES )
   while #charghost = YES
      wait 0
until #clilogged = 1
;Halt OR Re-log script call

That way you handle both the ghost issue AND the client logging issue. I'm really not sure why I didn't use it in this one, possibly because it was late when I finally got around to posting all of these scripts....oh...and the boobs!

I really hate using Goto's simply because I feel they might be part of the memory leak issues that cause EUO to occassionally crash. I could be wrong, but just in my experience with normal coding, Goto's can cause all kinds of odd quirks, especially if called within Subs
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:46:11 AM by UOMaddog »

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog's Demon Killer (w/ Honor option)
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
+1
Ok Maddog, i am currently playing a sampire almost fanatically and saw your header and had to try it. i went in & changed 'FD' (Demons) to 'ME' (Balrons) at very top, but i didn't change anything else. i click start and it asks if i want to use honor, i click yes, and it insta- honors the 1st balron. after that it goes quiet. does this script not 'loop' so i can walk  around the spawn area as it honors them as they spawn & i kill/ loot?  i would really love for it to be able to do that as i have to raise honor about once a week and balrons do it extremely quick & profitable :)

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 12:27:52 PM »
+1
Haven't look at this one in sooo long, but I realized I got the #clilogged variable wrong! On the following lines, #clilogged should be checking for ZERO not ONE!

until ( #clilogged = 0 ) || ( #charghost = YES )
  while #charghost = YES
     wait 40
until #clilogged = 0
halt

I'll update the script and reupload it!

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
+1
man, i thank you very much for the re-work and upcoming upload, but that script-speak lost me quick as a wink! LOL  if i knew exactly how to change that part, i'd give it a shot myself but i'd hate to wreck it.

i did change the 'halt' at end to 'return' and as soon as balron dies i get the 'wanna use honor?' gump. so that makes it a little easier than having to click play then yes, then kill balron. :)

Tags: