Author Topic: Hadley Climatic Research Unit hacked  (Read 3880 times)

Offline xenoglyphTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xenoglyph is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hadley Climatic Research Unit hacked
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8370282.stm

i'll resist linking directly to the breached data, instead just google for FOI2009.zip =D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:21:39 PM by xenoglyph »
UO Machine, advanced scripting for UO.

Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hadley Climatic Research Unit hacked
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:13:21 AM »
This smells like a rick roll...but what the heck, I'll try it.

:)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:57:33 AM »
Interesting actical.. but the wirttter is just a little politically unbiased... and by a little i mean alot. He uses activism likes its a dirty word..

But at the end of the day, weather global warming be true or false .. i dont think its a good idea to sell your green stock.. people want free/cheaper energy and the only way to achieve that in the long term is via renewable energy...  And personally i live in florida and can technically produce all the energy i will ever need on my roof... but the price is so high no one does it.   Currently its about a 20year return on your investment.. and when the panels etc dont come with a 20+ year warrently and are not catagory 5 hurricane resistant.. well you understand why no ones doing it yet.

But as soon as it drops to a 5year return or less you will see a massive market here in florida and i should imagine everywhere.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »
With that in mind EN.  Have you checked in on making your on solar panels.  There are a lot of forums on solar energy and how to make it on the cheap.  We plan on building a house next year and I have already started doing hte homework and for a few thousand I should be able to build a solar tracing (follows the heat signature of the sun) solar panel with self powered motors from the unit.  I can sell the power I make to the electric company in the day and use there power at night which will equal out to about the zero cost on my electric bill.  I have done alot of the numbers and built a small panel myself and it is all feasable, but you will have to do all the work to keep the cost down and need some electrical back ground to build the panels and if you plan on automating the system you will need alot more electrical background. There is also geo thermal power and geo thermal heating which if done by yourself can be done on the cheap also.  There are a ton of forums on this type of stuff.  Always have to remember the store bought product is not always the best or most effeicient.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »
Problem i will have with do it yourself stuff is i live on Miami Beach .. which has got to be one of the most Annal Code enforcement places on the planet.. I see more code enforcement cars than police cars.. lol
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
That does pose a problem but can still be overcome with a little bit of ground work and alot of sweat.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »
Interesting actical.. but the wirttter is just a little politically unbiased... and by a little i mean alot. He uses activism likes its a dirty word..

But at the end of the day, weather global warming be true or false .. i dont think its a good idea to sell your green stock.. people want free/cheaper energy and the only way to achieve that in the long term is via renewable energy...  And personally i live in florida and can technically produce all the energy i will ever need on my roof... but the price is so high no one does it.   Currently its about a 20year return on your investment.. and when the panels etc dont come with a 20+ year warrently and are not catagory 5 hurricane resistant.. well you understand why no ones doing it yet.

But as soon as it drops to a 5year return or less you will see a massive market here in florida and i should imagine everywhere.

i don't know anyone that likes pollution or destroying the planet and i'm all for sustainable energy and saving the forests.  the problem with the current warming theory is it's being used as an excuse to create a massive new global tax scheme on anything that belches CO2.  CO2 is required for life on earth.  it's not a pollutant and there is scant evidence showing that human activities are responsible for any climate change.  now that the IPCC has been caught falsifying data, discrediting scientists with dissenting views, and just generally being corrupt bastards i think it's important to question the motives behind the global warming debate.  even before this came to light there were scores of prominent influential scientists skeptical about claims and the data being used to support those claims.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
And yet there's a select few mega companies that will cash in $BIG$.  Kinda makes you go, "Hmmm?"  I'm violently allergic to the "T" word.  I didn't really care until my salary went way up.   I suddenly formed an opinion on the matter.  :)  Plus I still like my V8 Lincoln.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »
I love green energy.  I love the concept of something for nothing (hence, my scripting addiction).

Until they can stop volcanoes from erupting and cows from tooting, you're not gonna stop the alleged green house gas production.  Sorry, Al.

:)

Tags: