Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 475116 times)

Offline docaw

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • docaw has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1155 on: February 12, 2023, 06:20:45 AM »
I have one character that won’t target the water to fish.  It works with all other characters.  Any ideas ?  It suddenly stopped working and I even used a fresh pc. 

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1156 on: February 12, 2023, 11:16:11 AM »
I have one character that won’t target the water to fish.  It works with all other characters.  Any ideas ?  It suddenly stopped working and I even used a fresh pc.

A few simple things are to make sure your boat is pointing north, it's a small one and you're not too close to a server line in case something on the other side of the line is blocking.  Just for giggles you might try and run the guided setup again.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:17:46 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline docaw

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • docaw has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 12, 2023, 02:58:27 PM »
I have had success for years and it’s just odd. Maybe I’ll place a new boat and do setup. It does recall and open the plant then the lazy heffer never casts.  Tried several poles too

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1158 on: February 12, 2023, 08:43:15 PM »
I seem to remember a similar issue at one point that turned out to be a PEBKAC, but I can't remember what I was doing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 13, 2023, 05:46:47 PM »
Here is a snippet from the fishing code:
Code: easyuo
  1.   set #LOBJECTID %fishingpole
  2.   set #LTARGETKIND 2
  3.   gosub TM_AdvJournalSync FISHING
  4.   event macro 17 0
  5.   target 4s
  6.   event macro 22 0
  7.   set %fishtimeout #SCNT + 9

Did the %fishingpole variable get corrupted? is it set to a different item id than the fishing pole you think it is using?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 15, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »
Here is a snippet from the fishing code:
Code: easyuo
  1.   set #LOBJECTID %fishingpole
  2.   set #LTARGETKIND 2
  3.   gosub TM_AdvJournalSync FISHING
  4.   event macro 17 0
  5.   target 4s
  6.   event macro 22 0
  7.   set %fishtimeout #SCNT + 9

I don't want to hear it - yes - I quoted myself. ;)

Another possibility is that #LTARGETKIND variable. It needs to be set to 2 to allow fishing up the resource and target the water. However, other things like casting a direct damage or heal spell (not ARCHCURE or other area of effect spells) require #LTARGETKIND to have a value of 1.

If you are running another script that sets #LTARGETKIND, then FAF is open to it changing before it tries to target the water. There is only one #LTARGETKIND (well, any of the #... vars really) for any client. These are not instanced by tab or namespace, etc.

So it is very easy to interfere if you are running multiple scripts on the same character - and you will get exactly the results you are describing.

Did the %fishingpole variable get corrupted? is it set to a different item id than the fishing pole you think it is using?

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1161 on: February 15, 2023, 04:46:25 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  If you have a healer or looter running in another tab this will set #LTARGETKIND to 1 from time to time.  Then it's just a matter of timing if this might mess up targeting unless there's some synchronization occurring between scripts.  My healer and looters play pretty nice with one another because I use common namespace status variables, but even then it's not 100%.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 20, 2023, 07:52:33 AM »
I am having an odd issue that I have not run into before with the FAF. When full, he recalls to the bank and then continuously tries to recall to the same spot over and over. I can no longer leave it unattended and it is not every time. I have tried different banks with the same affect.

1. Official Shard
2. Banker nearby (within 10)
3. Not sure what other info would be important

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1163 on: February 21, 2023, 05:06:35 PM »
The only thing I can suggest is that you try a totally different bank rune for some place in Trammel that's super-close to a banker.  If your connection is really slow, you can try adding a bit of delay between when you recall successfully and when the script starts searching for the banker.  On laggy shards or slow connections, sometimes the script will zip too quickly to the vender search portion of the code before the bankers have been populated post-recall.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 22, 2023, 06:27:58 PM »
On laggy shards or slow connections, sometimes the script will zip too quickly to the vender search portion of the code before the bankers have been populated post-recall.

It may be this tbh. I have extremely fast and expensive cable speed and am hardwired. My computer was built for games like WoW so it is overkill for UO. I will see about a delay after recalling to the bank to see if that helps.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 03, 2023, 03:06:40 PM »
Ok, this makes no sense and I'm just out of ideas. Lately, when the character recalls to the bank, the pack is emptied and everything put away, then the message "can't find tillerman" pops up. Well of course not, she's still standing at the bank! The key is right there and I do the setup every time just to be sure.

Sometimes, even tho I have N/A on both the inn runes and just using the two bank slots, my char will end up standing outside my house, looking at it while a reaper has a party.

I've had this happen on two characters, on two computers. I've redownloaded and replaced the script several times, restarted the comp, all that good stuff.

Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 04, 2023, 03:27:39 AM »
I think it is timing more than anything and the fact the EUO is not aging well. It has been over a year since it was updated last. Anyways, the same thing happens to me from time to time as far as the recalling to the house and just standing there. The tillerman happens as well from time to time and I know that is a timing thing though I have not bothered with trying to adjust it since it is not every time. More than likely, it is due to a lag spike in game and the script thinks it already recalled to the ship.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 04, 2023, 08:33:30 AM »
I think it is timing more than anything and the fact the EUO is not aging well. It has been over a year since it was updated last. Anyways, the same thing happens to me from time to time as far as the recalling to the house and just standing there. The tillerman happens as well from time to time and I know that is a timing thing though I have not bothered with trying to adjust it since it is not every time. More than likely, it is due to a lag spike in game and the script thinks it already recalled to the ship.

Yes, I was thinking it might be a lag issue but to have that suddenly matter when it never did before seemed odd to me. I've been unable to simply run the macro on its own for some time now. Ah well, still better than manual. Thanks for the response!
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1168 on: April 04, 2023, 09:43:25 AM »
If we're all honest with ourselves, EUO has never been the most reliable client automation method.  Even with a perfectly crafted script, there has always been that chance where you'd upset the round-about way EUO interfaces to the client memory and cause a hard crash with a memory access error.  This is only made worse by scripts that try to do things faster than they should or don't have as much protection or redundancy built in.

So Crisis is exactly right with his assessment.  When you start from a shaky platform, things only age that much worse. 

I'm more amazed honestly that after all these years there are still many scripts that still run relatively well.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 04, 2023, 11:54:43 PM »
It has been a long time since I ran this, but doesn't have a time and count setting? I thought the default ran for about 2 hours. I never got very good at getting an appropriate count to run, so I would try to set a ridiculously high count and give it the time that I wanted it to run.

Is your home set as the default for it's rune book? If it isn't the same rune book as the bank runes, then the default wouldn't change as the script runs (TM's travel routines set the default on the rune book, then will travel (recall/gate travel/sacred journey) by targeting the book).

If your house has the chance to spawn aggressive things, then setting up a safe logout location would be the wiser choice than leaving it unset.

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing