Author Topic: Good intro example: hey, i'm lovcat.  (Read 18564 times)

Offline lovcatTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lovcat has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good intro example: hey, i'm lovcat.
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
Hey everyone!
I'm new, you can call me lovcat. I've been playing UO for a good 10 years, I mainly play FS now but I'm thinking of going back to OSI in the future. I'm an amateur scripter and always interested in learning some new tricks.

I mostly play a tamer/bard hybrid, I love taming and have since my oldest cousin told me about her adventures taming sheep those 10+ years ago. That's all she did, she ran around and tamed sheep and had them follow her until some mean wolf killed 'em. I was a normal mage-tamer for the first few years until I realized what a skill discordance is to have. Every since I played with it I will not make a character without it, (or a tamer at least).

Lemme see... what else..

Oh.. on osi I had a perfect stat pure mare named Sirius Black. He was my "baby", I'd take him and my other mare Christian Bale (lol, yes I am female can't ya tell?) out to kill swoops. My ex would always hop on my account for some reason or another and he'd get upset if he let Sirus die.

I also tamed the first blaze cu sidhe on Napa Valley within a week of ML coming out. I think that was a feat.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:46:26 AM by TrailMyx »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: hey, i'm lovcat.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
Welcome Lovcat!

Count yourself amongst one of the lucky ones...many people have played 10+ years and can't say they've tamed a Blaze Cu Sidhe! ;)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »
I've actually tamed 2.. gave one to my ex. He never rode it though.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
Well they're worth 300M-600M on the OSI shards. I'm not a rare collector but I'm not sure what could fetch a higher price than a Blaze Cu Sidhe.

You still have it stabled?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
I'm sure I have the first one I tamed on my tamer, and I might have the second one too since my ex gave it back after i found a black one... but this was like 4 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy.

I remember when people were saying that they weren't that rare and chances are when they do spawn they are just spawned as paragons. Psh. Don't think so.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 05:14:23 AM »
Well they're worth 300M-600M on the OSI shards. I'm not a rare collector but I'm not sure what could fetch a higher price than a Blaze Cu Sidhe.

You still have it stabled?

If you xfer it to Atlantic it will fetch over 1 Billion now Ultima :)  Anyway, not to hijack the thread....

Welcome to SUO lovcat, thank you for the intro! Have a look around and enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Great luck on the blaze CU to this date I have not even seen one :) Welcome to the boards also !!

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
Welcome Lovecat =]

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Re: Good intro example: hey, i'm lovcat.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »
Geeeeezzz! how many did you tame? I've heard its 1/30,000+ shot at a blaze. And my brother and I tend to calculate out uo like a job. We figured it would take all day for like a month with those odds, provided one is just having ghastly luck. and for 400$-500$ it just seems like pennies on the hour. But isn't that what uo's all about pennies on the hour/dollar? lol

Just curious how long ya spent taming, if its a secret, I understand.  ;D

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »
Welcome Welcome!  You will discover that most all of us are nice and friendly people and find yourself visiting us once a day at least.  I have seen only a couple of Blaze CUs and I know that I would dearly love to have one or two of them to ride around in their glory.  If you find youself on Pac, come by and say HI!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline SnoWolf

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SnoWolf has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
'Allo SUO members.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
Good afternoon fellow SUO members.. 

I've read quite a few intro posts in this thread, and i can't say i've been lucky enough to have played the game for 10 years, more about 4 actually.. Althoguh i did cheat and buy a vet account when one of my friends was quitting which is 9 years old now.. made it alot easier.. i felt like a little kid in a candy store being able to get on that ethereal for the first time... Ah.. the good old days.. back when a brigand was a tough thing and you had to run and make sweeps against it to try and get it knocked down..  My fondest memory of those "good old days" was when a wondering preist decided to try and attack me.. and then chased me into my friends house [I was living out of his at the itme because i didnt have the gp to place my own] and it ran upto the second floor and killed him when he was sorting through stuff!! Heheh.. needless to say, he banned me from his house for a week.  ;)

I have never tamed a blaze cu sidhe.. though i did buy one once on atlantic a few years ago for 100m.. then i turned around and sold it for 250m.. kicking myself in the tushi for that one now since i found out how much they're going for!  ???  But anyway.. back on track.... an intro as it where.

I generally play on OSI servers.. and my home shard is Legends.  It's a little slow i know, but atleast on the quiter servers everyone gets to know you.. and win lose or die tryin' its a closed net little community.... not the fast paced hussle an bussle a busier server like Atlantic has going.. where you may meet someone whos great and you have a blast playing with, and then you don't see them again for another 6 months because it's just so over populated. Blah.. i sound like a spokes person for that old cheers tv show right now... that old song.. "everyone knows your name.." is going through my head.

Hm... what else.. My main character i like playing is my Champ killer... A discorder necro archer.. theres nothin' better then being able to help those in need by keeping an enemy target discorded and popping off a few lightning strikes or slippin' into wrath form so you never run out of mana!  Currently though with this new high seas expansion though i've been spending a lot more time on my tamer fisher.. which, is what brings me to these forums.. I was looking through goofle for a usefull way to dump crab pots and pick em up that wouldn't lead to my having carperol tunnel anytime in the near future and this was the first place that popped up in the search response!  Apparently i had registered at the begining of last year, but honestly the site is a little hard to navigate thorugh and i'm such a blonde that i couldn't figure out anything.. it wasn't until today i realized i was actually supposed to post an introduction thing.. haha.  Ah.. how time flies.

Well, i think this intro is long enough.. and i hope you all have a safe start to the new year!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
Welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
hey gimlet, your "welcome bot" is out of control!! heheheh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: