Author Topic: Throwing Weapon Discussion  (Read 5619 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Throwing Weapon Discussion
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
Alrighty.  Certain things go without saying for a Thrower's weapon:

1) Soul Glaive
2) 30% SSI

I'm building a template for use with up to two other characters.  PvM.  I'm thinking:

- HML 37% (max)
- DI 40% (crafted)

What to do with the other property?  It needs to be either Hit Stamina Leech or Hit Lightning or Hit Area Effect.

What say you, multiple throwing toon users?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Weapon Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »
Stamina Leech.

Cyclones are good for working first two tiers of champion spawns.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
Math is my nemesis.

Four properties are:

DI
SSI
HML
HSL

What's the fifth?  Thoughts?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
Very similar to sampire's with a few twists:

PvM Spawning: (Boomerang)
Appropriate Super Slayer
50 Area Effect
50 Stam Leech
Damage Increase (whatever fits)
?? Option

PvM Boss: (Soul Glaive)
Appropriate Slayer/Super Slayer
30 Swing Speed
50 Stam Leech
?? Option

Options depend on your template. If you're going in wraith form and casting Curse Weapon then you probably don't need Mana Leech or Life Leech so you would probably want Lower Attack. If you're a sampire thrower, you'd want Mana Leech. Just find something that fits your template

PvP: (Soul Glaive)
30 Swing Speed
50 Stam Leech
Option 1
Option 2

You have tons of choices here. Again it depends on your template. Pairs I could consider:
Mana Leech/Lower Defense
Lower Defense/Lower Attack
Lower Attack/Hit Fireball
Lower Defense/Hit Fireball
The list could go on forever!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
TY, Maddog.

As usual, the answer depends on the armor.  Since I'm running M&S, I'm thinking HML/Slayer.  That ought to cap me at 300% damage pretty quickly, given 100+ DI from armor/weapon.

This will be epic.

Offline Macrophage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Macrophage has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:19 AM »
I played the thrower intensively both champ hunting and boss hunting. I have done solo all fel spawns but semidar (I am male...). I didn't give a go to the ilsh or malas spawns.
I tried the boomerang but the damage is so bad that I gave up pretty fast. I am currently using the soul glaive for the whole spawn. Despite a speed cap of 1.5/sec instead of 1.25, your damage over time is simply better. The special of the boomerang didn't seem to prove useful.
So, I am using a soul glaive for everything but pvp, and the basic is 30 SSI. Then I also use 40 DI for pvm in order to reach the 100% cap.
I stopped using wraiths form, since it makes you slow, and many spawns dont have mana anyway. The only encounter I use wraiths form at is Slashers. (spam AI).
I have the conjurer's trinket, and for any spawn other than undead I use Slayer. If I fight undead I replace slayer by hit stamina leech. All my weapons are 100% elemental focused on the weakest of the spawn type.
So, DI/30SSI/Slayer or HSL/HML/ and the last one depends whether I do a boss or spawn. For spawn the last one is HIT AREA. For boss it's either HLD (despise I have MS) or HSL.

I hope this helps.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
What skill does a garg require to cast wraith form from a scroll?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
You need to maintain 20 skill to be in wraith form.

So to answer the question, you would need 20 skill to cast wraith form from a scroll.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
Thanks!
20 necro but any ss required?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »
Not to cast, SS changes how much leech you get when in wraith form. Since your hitting for huge amounts of damage you really don't need it. If you are going to rely on Curse Weapon for healing then it would behoove you to include some SS in your build.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »
FYI:
Spirit Speak affects duration of Curse Weapon by the following formula:
( Spirit Speak / 3.4 ) + 1 Seconds

So for every 3.4 SS, you gain 1 second of Curse Weapon but you always have a minimum of 1 (even with 0). For humans, with 20 fake SS, you'd have a minimum of 6 seconds.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »
a little (actually a lot ) off topic but what level of Myst do gargoyles have without any skill>

Offline Macrophage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Macrophage has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »
Thanks

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
FYI:
Spirit Speak affects duration of Curse Weapon by the following formula:
( Spirit Speak / 3.4 ) + 1 Seconds

So for every 3.4 SS, you gain 1 second of Curse Weapon but you always have a minimum of 1 (even with 0). For humans, with 20 fake SS, you'd have a minimum of 6 seconds.

I know for a fact Curse Weapon does not work 100% of the time. I've successfully cast Curse Weapon and hit for 200+ Damage and not leeched anything back. It's not that rare of an occurence either. >:(

Tags: