Author Topic: Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker  (Read 16658 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
+1
Checks to see what blacksmithing recipes you haven't learned and displays them.

To make GImlet Happy

8/29/21
Gaderian Modified the script for multiple tools and added more recipes. Uploading as Mwinc. Crafting Recipe Checker

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker.txt
Mwinc. Crafting Recipe Checker.txt
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:06:07 AM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
Re: Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »
+1
Obviously requires a blacksmithing tool in your backpack..... *Cries*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »
+1
If it helps, you've also made me happy.  Now, I need to download this before you pull a Twinkle McNugget.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »
+1
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Will play with it this weekend!

Thanks again!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
+1
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And that would be a happy Gimlet!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
+1
Works Great! Thanks again!!!

Only 1 very minor thing if you ever do another version ever - we forgot a few axes (no big deal)

Thanks again!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
+1
O yeah its super easy coding. Just have to enter the tool type, category, page, selection, and it will return a value %false if the recipe is missing.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
+1
+1

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:29 AM »
+1
O yeah its super easy coding. Just have to enter the tool type, category, page, selection, and it will return a value %false if the recipe is missing.
Good job, and easy to modify if something would be missed:)

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »
+1
Wow, this script works really great.  It sucks looking thru for this manually.  Thanks.

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:48 AM »
+1
 ;D  ok, again my noobness is going to show but it is going to take me a few weeks to get thru all the material here!! hell, may take MONTHS!! i just DL'd this as soon as i saw it, haven't run it yet, but i actually tried to sit down and manually check my smithy for recipes. in a word, FKkkkkkkkkkkkkTHAT! :P that's like INSANE point & clicking! a sincere Thank You Manwinc for the script before i even run it! i'll let you know how it turns out. :)

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »
+1
 :o  Dude!  for real ?!?!?!  it took it 90 SECONDS!  a minute & half to flip thru and tell me i was missing ONE recipe!! (Luminous Rune Blade) i'll have to get on my t-hunter and get that one :P  i know i've thrown 50 of'em away since they added recipes to t-map loot because i didn't have this script to telll me i needed it !!!!

Awesome job Manwinc!!

Ease of Use: 10!!!   Works as Posted: 10!!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »
+1
Not a problem. Glad to hear it worked well for you.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
+1
And it still makes me happy!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »
+1
MW, question for ya, on this line here:

Code: [Select]
set %False 206
out of this part:

Code: [Select]
set %False 206
set %Fletching_Tools UFG
set %String

What is the 206? does that look for "you have not learned this recipe" or does it have an entirely different purpose?

I am going through different scripts, reading them and trying to understand the flow and logic. I understand what set % False does but not sure what the 206 on the end does. I love your coding, it is simple to understand but very specific. Many times, I get lost in the logic or complexness of the code.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:33:09 AM by Crisis »

Tags: