Author Topic: neo's Horticulturist v1.2 out 09/22/2011 Get your own seeds of renewal! :)  (Read 88820 times)

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
TY Galderia for helping me think this out. I also did not see anything wrong with the area of code I posted. I am new to this so I was confused.

I replayed it and watched it like a hawk.
It pulls the seeds from 1 plant then the thorns   (Works perfect)
It puts the seeds in the secure you set on start up menu  (works perfect)
It picks up the thorns and sets them back in backpack  (leads me to believe its with the secure)

The secure is the same as the seeds so distance/blockage should not be an issue.

You do set them separately in the menu options so I am going to try:
    -Setting separate secures for seeds/thorns even though i don't think this would be a problem.
     -Look into the start of the code when the menu sets the secure ID
     - Report results

Currently I am thinking it is an issue with the secure id

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
If the exevent dropc statement fails, it drops whatever was being carried in the source location (your backpack in this case). So that would make sense. You can share the same container, but more than likely it was setup incorrectly for the failed run. The ignoreitem would have now made the finditem no longer include that in the list for the next time. So the error would only activate on the first time through the script.

I am curious what you will find is really the issue.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
This is way above my pay grade but I am determined to figure this out  ;)

Code: [Select]
sub getchks
if %potion_container = N/A
   {
   display You need to set a potion container
   return #false
   }
menu get seed_chk
if #menures
   {
   set %gather_seeds #true
   if %seed_container = N/A
      {
      display You chose to gather seeds. You need to set a container for them.
      return #false
      }
   }
menu get resource_chk
if #menures
   {
   set %gather_resources #true
   if %resource_container = N/A
      {
      display You chose to gather resources. You need to set a container for them.
      return #false

When I set the potion container it opens the container. When I set the resource container it does not am I missing something the code looks the same.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hi Piller,
That isn't the code where the containers are defined by you, but the transfer of items to the containers. What it is doing is testing if the various containers have been defined already or not (not defined will have the value N/A).

So what you are describing and the code you have selected are not the same place in the script. If you are unsure how to locate the code, then learn to use the commands in EUO to step through the code to find it:
F7 = advance 1 line and pause
F8 = step over a line (usually used for call or gosub statements, where you want to have it run the whole subroutine because you have already cleared it to not have your issue)
F6 = run to the end of the current routine and pause when you get to the next line after the call/gosub statement to execute this routine

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I'm going to download this and try it out.

Do potions all need to be in bottles or does it make use of kegs?

Also, how do you set up thousands of seeds? Doesn't that take tons of housing space? (I know nothing about gardening)

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
I'm going to download this and try it out.

Do potions all need to be in bottles or does it make use of kegs?

Also, how do you set up thousands of seeds? Doesn't that take tons of housing space? (I know nothing about gardening)

Bottles The good thing is they can be refilled :)

Yes you can do thousands of seeds and all on one tile. But remember you are limited by lockdowns.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Can someone walk me through using this?

I'm having problems and I'm not sure where I've gone wrong.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
For example, do you have to fill the bowels with dirt from the ground? Can you not buy dirt and use that? Because when I try to use the dirt I bought it does it once then keeps trying to fill from somewhere it cannot reach.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
+1
Forget how I use it.   I when to Trinsic to fill the plant blow.  after I use the option Water plant, and seed.   move  125 plant into a create and chop create so the all stack.  Run the lock down option,   and repeat.    Run the Horto to care of the plant

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Sounds like a lot of back and forth to do it that way. Shame you can't just target the dirt in your pack.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
You could also use fertile dirt to fill the plant bowls.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
You could also use fertile dirt to fill the plant bowls.

But does this script allow that? That's what I'm wondering. Because when you select "Fill bowls with dirt" and choose your dirt in your bag it only does it once and then says you are too far away over and over.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Also, it seems like when your bowls are watered it sometimes doesn't plant the seed. If this happens it won't plant the seed if you try to run through it again since the bowl has already been watered.

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Also, it seems like when your bowls are watered it sometimes doesn't plant the seed. If this happens it won't plant the seed if you try to run through it again since the bowl has already been watered.

Sometimes it misses a few. What Do in that case is move the plants with seeds to my crate. Then go back and plant the seeds manually. Takes a few extra clicks but works.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
I'm trying to figure this out and fix the code for it but my knowledge is very limited...

When you press "Water Bowls" to water bowls and plant seeds it will say "you must wait to perform another action" when all the bowls are already watered and it won't plant the seed.

It seems like the transition between attempting to water and planting the seed is too fast.

If anyone has any idea what to change to alleviate this particular part the effectiveness of this script would increase greatly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 08:09:56 PM by TrackStar »

Tags: