Author Topic: neo's Horticulturist v1.2 out 09/22/2011 Get your own seeds of renewal! :)  (Read 93806 times)

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: neo's Horticulturist v1.2 out 09/22/2011 Get your own seeds of renewal! :)
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »
I'm using v1.2.  I attribute the longer time to the fact that all my plants were wilted and I check the max health box.  So for each plant it had to water twice, apply 2 heals, 2 poisons, sometimes a cure, and 2 strengths.  When the plants are vibrant, I expect it to take closer to 50 minutes.  I'll post the stats when my plants recover.  This script is awesome!

Edit:
My plants are vibrant again.  Here are my results...not sure if the bmp will show up
1579 plants in 1 hour and 13 minutes
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:38:45 AM by slyone »
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
I'm using v1.2.  I attribute the longer time to the fact that all my plants were wilted and I check the max health box.  So for each plant it had to water twice, apply 2 heals, 2 poisons, sometimes a cure, and 2 strengths.  When the plants are vibrant, I expect it to take closer to 50 minutes.  I'll post the stats when my plants recover.  This script is awesome!

Edit:
My plants are vibrant again.  Here are my results...not sure if the bmp will show up
1579 plants in 1 hour and 13 minutes
I see... Well, that's a more decent run I'd say... :)

What could make my run under 1 hour for this same amount of plants, is maybe because I started using Cacti after reading Cerveza's post. I think that uses up less potions and water, thus less tending time... I'm not sure if that's it though...

Anyway, glad to see this working well for most, I'm really happy about it... Even though I'm a little away at the moment, keep any suggestions coming, I'll be sure to try and add them as soon as I find the time to do so!

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
How hard will it be to add a option to add a Heal and Strength potion when ur plant are Wilted.  Right now I have to make a small helper to help me find them and add potion by hand.   It only happen when EUOX go down and need to stores all my plant. :(    I know about max Health but it put 2 potion to all plant and it to much.  Thx

P.S. It take 4 to 5min to do 120 plant, depending on their needs.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
How hard will it be to add a option to add a Heal and Strength potion when ur plant are Wilted.  Right now I have to make a small helper to help me find them and add potion by hand.   It only happen when EUOX go down and need to stores all my plant. :(    I know about max Health but it put 2 potion to all plant and it to much.  Thx

P.S. It take 4 to 5min to do 120 plant, depending on their needs.
Well, the way I have the script configured, it should give 1 Heal and Strength if the plant is Healthy, and below Healthy 2 Heal and Strength potions... Isn't that the proper way to deal with Wilted plants? Is just 1 potion enough for wilted?

Anyway, you can manually edit this. Around line 330 you should find:

Code: [Select]
if wilted in #property
{
   set %yesplant #true
   set %wilted_cnt %wilted_cnt + 1
   menu set wilted_cnt %wilted_cnt
   set %str_need1 2
   set %heal_need1 2
}
You can change this to use only 1 potion like this:
Code: [Select]
if wilted in #property
{
   set %yesplant #true
   set %wilted_cnt %wilted_cnt + 1
   menu set wilted_cnt %wilted_cnt
   set %str_need1 1
   set %heal_need1 1
}
That way it will only use 1 of each potion for wilted plants... You can also edit the amount of potions for other plant states like this... Hope this helps...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
The reason I was asking is that no potions get use when the plant are Wilted.  I try using max health but all the plant get max :)    Not sure if I do something wrong, but only the Wilted don't get the right amount of heal and strength.  the poison and cure get apply.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
The reason I was asking is that no potions get use when the plant are Wilted.  I try using max health but all the plant get max :)    Not sure if I do something wrong, but only the Wilted don't get the right amount of heal and strength.  the poison and cure get apply.
Oh, I think I get it... But what do you mean "but all the plant get max" ? Do you mean that if a plant is Wilted, it's not getting any heal and strength potions to get her back to full health?
Never fail to be polite.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
Correct.  if the plant is Wilted, no Heal and strength get add when in basic mode ( target bag and hit start).  I have been trying to fine where the problem is and can't fine it.   The plant went Wilted when EUOX was down for 4 days :(

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
Correct.  if the plant is Wilted, no Heal and strength get add when in basic mode ( target bag and hit start).  I have been trying to fine where the problem is and can't fine it.   The plant went Wilted when EUOX was down for 4 days :(
I think now I finally REALLY understood what you meant... If you check the Maximize box, even if the plant is Vibrant, it's getting Str and Heal twice? If that's the case, it REALLY shouldn't be happening... This didn't happen last time I used this script, at least for me...

If that's really the case, I'd have to check it and fix it asap...
Never fail to be polite.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
I just try to used Max Health again, with Bowl of Soft Dirt. Plant are 5 days old.     

plants Watered 67
Vibrant 36
Healthy 84
Wilted 0
dying 0

Potions Used                 Other info
GP 41                            Total 120
GC 27
GH 84
GS 84

Seen to work on healthy plant correctly, Don't waste ur time on this, I will tested and let you know how it turn on.

Thx again.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
Well, that's good to know... Tell me how your future testing goes, if you still have any issues... I do want to make this flawless before I try and get the next version out!

Cheers!
Never fail to be polite.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
For the record, I've always found that it's simply not cost/time effective to waste effort reviving a wilted plant.  Chuck it and focus on a plant that is growing every day.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Ok, so after making the change in line 330, remove the + 1 ( in the Healthy property).  Find out  you need the Max Health to treat the Wilted plant.  So your script run flawless when I find out what all the option do.  Look like the problem log once again between the chair and the monitor :))  The good thing about all this, is I figure out why I was losing plants.  Thx for the help and sorry for my misstake.

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
My first batch of plants just got trashed!  This script is awesome.  I thought I might post some stats:

# of Plants:  1579
Average Time to tend (on a good day):  58 minutes
# of Orange Petals:  11792
# of Green Thorns:  688
# of Seeds of Renewal:  514

I did a mixture of different kinds of plants.  The next batch I plan to do half green snake plant and half orange.

Thanks Neo!

A couple comments:
1)  I ran the gather seeds and resources (no tending) in the tools menu and I kept getting "you must wait to perform..." message.  I do not get this message when tending and collecting resources.  Not sure if this is my connection or something in the code.
2)  I noticed a couple times that the script paused itself when running the tend and gather together after about 900 plants.  I didn't see exactly why this occurred and since I haven't seen anyone else make a comment about this occurring I think it may be a issue with my connection or euo.

Did I mention how awesome this script is?  Thanks again Neo!
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
Sometime, the script pause for some odd reason,  for this reason I stack only 120 plants.   Sometime I need to log off to fix the problem, so it just the way it is.    Neo may one addition u can made is to set plant do deco and clip them.   I have a few friend that wanted the clips.  Not sure if it hard to add.  just asking :)

and to quote Slyone" Did I mention how awesome this script is?  Thanks again Neo! "

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »
Great feedback and suggestions guys... And also thank you for the compliments regarding the script! :)

I'm trying to find some time here to set up a few plants, so I can work a little on the next version... As soon as I do, I'll be sure to try and add those suggestions and take a look at what may be causing the issues you guys talk about, so I can make this more stable for everyone's use...

I'm gonna be on vacation soon, hopefully I can update a few scripts then!

Cheers!
Never fail to be polite.

Tags: