Author Topic: Hands on Review: Mario Party 8  (Read 9291 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Hands on Review: Mario Party 8
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:16:55 AM »
We just got this the other night and haven't played it much. That said... IT ROCKS!

Lots of fun. I can only write about what we've played so far, but can tell you that we really enjoy this one. It's one even my wife will watch or even play.

It's kinda like an animated board game, but definitely not boring! We played 2 players with 2 PC players along. You roll the dice by jumping into it, then you move around the board. On some areas you can choose which direction to go. Along the way you pick up pieces of candy that you can use at the beginning of your turn.

A few of the candies you can get are the Cerveza favored Thrice Candy, which allows you to hit three dice (I got to move 22 spaces using one of these, not counting the dolphin moves...), the vampire candy, the bowlo, and many more. Some candies allow you to interact with a random player in the game, which you choose by throwing a dart at a spinning wheel.

At the end of each turn, after all chars have played, you get a MINI GAME! These are very cool. You might go FFA and whoever does the best gets the coins, or you might be teamed up. You may even be on your own against the other three players! Note: Be sure to check the "controller" before starting each new mini game, so you know what your actually doing LOL. Sometimes you tilt the controller, sometimes you point and shoot, it varies for each game.

Near the end of the game, your host will put out more coins to collect. And once finished you can get Bonus Stars by different things that took place during the game, like who moved the most spaces, who ate the most candy, who spent the most coins, etc...

There's a LOT more to this game that we haven't done yet, I mean we just got this and played one night for about an hour. Even so, I'd also rate this as a "must have" if you have a Wii.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hands on Review: Mario Party 8
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »
Hmm, I may have to grab this one. 

Cerveza, do you have Wii Music?  If not, I can review that.  It's no Guitar Hero....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:09:31 AM »
Jump in anytime with any game. And definitely feel free to reply with your own observations!
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
I can't wait for Mario Party Online! ok I don't know if they plan on putting online, wish full thinking.

Tags: