Author Topic: Gaderian's intro  (Read 2173 times)

Offline GaderianTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Gaderian's intro
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »
Hello!
I started playing UO initially during the T2A period. I played heavily till about 2002. I played a lot and was a member of 3 guilds of people I did not know initially on Catskills. One of my friends started playing on Pacific and upon his return to the game, he encouraged me to join him there which I did for a while. I have played a couple of freeshards, but never found anything that helped me stay there.

A few months back, another former guildmate contacted me about playing again. That got me started and I seem to be hooked once again. I have become keen on figuring out Imbuing, but I lack reagents. I used to gather much of my supplies with my stealth 'toon, but that was on a different account than the one I have active today. It took me 2 weeks back in the day to gm hiding and then reach 90 stealth with my UOA macro running all day and night.

I tend to PvM, but prior to Power Scrolls, I did PvP at times. For a while I had a small house near the island with the temple that spawns dragons and deamons. I worked for months to raise resist on one of my characters. I named my house "Resistance is Futile" due to the slow gains.

Times are a little different, but I have decided that there are easier methods available via various scripting tools. I stumbled upon this site via a Google search related to fixing a script issue and wanted to see what was available here.

I tend to come and go from time to time, but in the end really have enjoyed the game.

Thanks for reading.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Gaderian's intro
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:58:21 AM »
Welcome back to the game and to our site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:10 AM »
Hello and welcome to this Site, thank you for your effort into your Intro!

Crome

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
Welcome!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
Welcome to the community :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
Thx for the solid intro.  Welcome to the site

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 05:27:58 AM »
Thanks for the nice intro, hope to see you on the boards!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
Welcome to the community, nicely done on the intro.

Tags: