0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • omera has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
Hello all. I came here because I've played UO on and off for a total of 6 months (how old my account is), and find it hard to make money. Are there any good gold farming scripts, and are they generally safe?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
You can make lots of gold just farming from monsters.  I can sit at the Arctic ogre lord spawn and make around 65k/hr.  Demons are a bit more because more than one spawns at a time.  Crafting for cash isn't as lucrative as it once was; I remember making bow after bow and selling for great profit but those days are gone now.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline omeraTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:17:52 PM »
You can make lots of gold just farming from monsters.  I can sit at the Arctic ogre lord spawn and make around 65k/hr.  Demons are a bit more because more than one spawns at a time.  Crafting for cash isn't as lucrative as it once was; I remember making bow after bow and selling for great profit but those days are gone now.
Can a warrior handle those?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
There's only one way to find out. 8)

Welcome to ScriptUO!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:15:38 AM by Ultima »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »
Oh yeh, I stand toe to toe with an arctic ogre lord.  You just have to spend the time and get your skills up.  With good healing and chivalry, you can pretty much take down anything.  (within reason...)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:33:50 AM »
Eh. I don't use chivalry for roleplay reasons.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 04:41:38 AM »
Perhaps if you gave us your melee template, we could make suggestions for you.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 05:12:39 AM »
Focus, swords, tactics, parry, heal, anatomy.
I don't know if I should go beyond GM focus once I get 120 scrolls. I have rich friends, but I don't want to leech off them forever.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:33:34 AM »
A true warrior needs bushido and honestly without Chivalry your not going to get very far. That's like trying to make a Mage but you don't want magery. You have to have Chivalry. If not your not going to be fighting Ogre Lords and killing monsters than can bring you in alot of gold quick.

And focus is not well spent skill points. You need to turn that one down once you reach your skill cap. There are too many other skills that have way more value than focus and you can get the same benefits of focus through proper gear.

Tags: