Author Topic: PVP Mage template!!!  (Read 24009 times)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: PVP Mage template!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
Right, I remembered that pvm has no cap but last I logged in it was 15% for pvp !!!      
I got ninja'd. Still posting
 (LOL Hardy is a mad Ninja Only :P)    

Ok ok ok soooooo the 30% cap for pvp ....You would have to have only 30 in each spell casting school???   Like uhh 30 mage med eval?? im confused or having an old age moment hahaha!!!

Doh I read your post again and  I get it :P  so im going to be capped at 15 because i have 120 in mage and myst.

Correct.

Offline nordby21

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • nordby21 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 06:30:57 AM »
120 Mage
120 eval
120 resist
80 med
110 parry
80 nox
100 scribe

70 dci
30 sdi
40lmc
2/6
15+mr
25hpi
Like 8 hpr
Me template and suit
(Mr/hpr/hpi/casting focus) all optional on what your opinion is

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
Don't like it....   Requires Max wep & sheild so you don't get potions...   If you only run with a mage weapon you lose half your parry chance.

Offline nordby21

• Activity:
    0%
  • nordby21 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
Don't like it....   Requires Max wep & sheild so you don't get potions...   If you only run with a mage weapon you lose half your parry chance.

I've never used pots so to me it's not a huge deal..my survivability is very good 2v1 anymore and and a dismount dead duck...I also have a myst Mage with -15 wep that uses pots and heal stones apples the whole shabang I just personally like my scribe noxxer better kills much faster plus beast against any dex..

Offline batotero

• Activity:
    0%
  • batotero has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
I like with 120combat 90tt 120magery 120eval 100inscription 110.1resisting spells 59.9necro

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 06:02:08 AM »
I'm rocking out (- the legendary because I don't have the scrolls yet)
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
100 scribe
100 wrestling
80 Poison

Clearly you need about 40 points on jewels to get this to work.  If you aren't going to use skill points on jewels then I'd drop resist and med to 100. 
The magic to this is that you get some awesome SDI (as we talked before) I think it's 30 cap from focus mage (no bushi/myst/necro/weaver/ninjitsu.. etc look on uoguide.com under spell damage increase )  so the cap is higher than the normal 15%.  You then get an additional 10% bonus from gm scribe plus an additional 5% casting focus.  Wrestling lets yiou disarm/para people as well as give you a better chance to not have spells interrupted I believe.  I've heard people talking wrestling/resist to 120, and dropping med to 60 and using MR to balance that as well.  I've also seen people rock a 70 DCI suit with these templates and just becoming bears to hit.  The poison is just the cream on the cake.  It lets you dish out some greater poison and when those dexers come in you can disarm them and hit them with dp all at once.  Can really knock a twink off his horse so to say.  That won't be enough for most, but thats why you have 40% sdi :)  Curse them, hit them with harm when they're up close.  Otherwise stay with the fast casting spells and you'll never run out of mana/be interrupted.  If you see a sammy, toss some flame strikes at him (-25 fire resist, a loto f them don't have 70s in fire resist, a good flame strike can red line em)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 02:26:38 AM »
I'm rocking out (- the legendary because I don't have the scrolls yet)
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
100 scribe
100 wrestling
80 Poison

Clearly you need about 40 points on jewels to get this to work.  If you aren't going to use skill points on jewels then I'd drop resist and med to 100. 
The magic to this is that you get some awesome SDI (as we talked before) I think it's 30 cap from focus mage (no bushi/myst/necro/weaver/ninjitsu.. etc look on uoguide.com under spell damage increase )  so the cap is higher than the normal 15%.  You then get an additional 10% bonus from gm scribe plus an additional 5% casting focus.  Wrestling lets yiou disarm/para people as well as give you a better chance to not have spells interrupted I believe.  I've heard people talking wrestling/resist to 120, and dropping med to 60 and using MR to balance that as well.  I've also seen people rock a 70 DCI suit with these templates and just becoming bears to hit.  The poison is just the cream on the cake.  It lets you dish out some greater poison and when those dexers come in you can disarm them and hit them with dp all at once.  Can really knock a twink off his horse so to say.  That won't be enough for most, but thats why you have 40% sdi :)  Curse them, hit them with harm when they're up close.  Otherwise stay with the fast casting spells and you'll never run out of mana/be interrupted.  If you see a sammy, toss some flame strikes at him (-25 fire resist, a loto f them don't have 70s in fire resist, a good flame strike can red line em)

Too much med/scribe, not enough parry/wrestle imo.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
That could be the case-  I don't think I'll put parry on this template though.  I thought about dipping down med in exchange for wrestling.  Either way, I think the offset will be made up in the suit no matter which way you go.  You can do low med, but then stack MR and LMC on your suit, or go lower wrestle and stack HCI,DCI on as well.  I guess MR and LMC is easier to stack on the suit though.  I've not gotten my legendary scrolls yet so I was going to test it out on TC before I finished him off.  I wouldn't drop scribe though becuase you'll sacrifice focus and SDI if you fall under GM I thought.  I mean the beauty of this template is the huge 40 sdi cap.  Even at gm skills I pack a punch already.  I can't wait to hit 120 magery and 120 eval for the poison/damage increases. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »
Yea... what dxrom said about Wrestling.
If your not 120 combat skill your doing the whole PvP thing wrong.  Your BASE chance to be hit is determined by your primary weapon skill (wrestling, mage wep, anat + eval) etc.  Then DCI Modifies that base % chance to be hit.
**  Hmm actually there is one exception to that if I remember right 117 combat skill is the same as 120, but for me that usually is only possible when doing a -Mage Wep setup & in that specific case I always want 120 Magery because of the increased Healing & better poison chance.

I do have a question for people though.  If you had room for 3-4 item properties to be spent just on the various damage eater types which ones would you pick for an all purpose Field PvP mage template?   I stated 3-4 properties because obviously if you have 1 it's best spent on Damage eater all... which is actually also true for 2 eater properties since a 2nd property spent on say fire would be a duplicate of the coverage granted from Dmg. Eater all.. so it's really just at 3-4 where I start to wonder the best way to go.   Thoughts?   Also, Kinetic Eater...   I believe Kinetic is ANY dmg done by Weapons right?  This seems to be true even if the weapon is 100% elemental Dmg, but I wanted confirmation.

Thanks.

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the template.  I'll give 120 wrestling a shot.  Though, 120 resist, mage and eval is a must then right?  I will certainly have to add some points on the gems then.  I'll lower med to 100 and use MR and LMC on the suit.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »
  I dont know if they changed it lately but i ran a wrestle mage a few years ago that would get hit SO much compared to another mage temp i had just using a -mage wep. Both were 70dci

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
Wrestling or Dodge (aka Anatomy + Eval Defense) is just as effective as Macing, swords, Fencing etc for determining if your going to be hit.  I've heard the whole thing about them being less effective, but that's a fairy tale.   @ Kali....   I pretty much start any PvP mage template with the assumption of

120 Mage / Med / Evall / Resist....  I then add extra skills & MAYBE modify the Med down to 100 skill since you get a mana regeneration bonus at GM med. 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
I'm pretty bad at PvP, but pretty good at building suits.  I haven't seen in mentioned much, but it is now possible to get +20 skill jewelry under the new loot system.  Combine that with the loot templates they added (Arcane Ring of Sorcery, for example) and you can get some amazing pieces.

Just pulled a clean +20 stealing bracelet out of shame the other day that I will love forever.  Preciousssss.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
Clean as in +20 stealing only mod... or 'Clean' as in

-100 luck
+20 Stealing

??

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 06:35:22 AM »
Clean as in +20 stealing only mod... or 'Clean' as in

-100 luck
+20 Stealing

??

Clean, as in +20 only.  There is another mod or two on it, but no negatives.  I <3 it very much.

Tags: