• Reputation Power: 1
  • badgaf has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a returning player, back from a long hiatus. I'm a 27 year old male from Michigan. I played from the beginning of UO up until about 2002 when I left to play Everquest. After getting bored with EQ, I decided to try out WoW and played that for about 4-5 years. Now I'm back to UO and all it's glory.

I found ScriptUO when I was searching for a script that was able to lumberjack in Ter Mur. ScriptUO was the first hit so I thought I'd give it a look. After reading through some posts on the forums it seems like there are a lot of good people here that are laid back and willing to help. 

Back in the good ole days I used to love PvP. I haven't found a game that could match the excitement of UO pvp (for me at least). Now that I'm back so much has changed. I'm deffinately not able to hang with the big boys anymore as far as pvp goes lol. My current plans for my return to UO are to get reaclimated with the game and try to make some new friends. It's always a struggle to relearn something that you were once so familiar with. I'm hoping that I will catch back on quickly and be able to find a solid gorup of people to kill things with. Thank you for allowing me to use your great script library that I know that many very talented script writers spend many hours of their time creating. I hope to be able to learn some things from looking at some of the current scrips and be able to contribute some myself.

Thanks!

Badgaf
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:23:37 PM by badgaf »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO badgaf!

2002 was when I took my first hiatus from UO, which means you have 10+ years of catching up to do!

Don't hesitate to ask questions or use the search feature as we've discussed many subjects regarding UO in depth on this forum.

Welcome back to UO!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
Welcome to SUO!  I'm also from Michigan.  Just south of GR!  What about yourself?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline badgafTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
I'm from Bay City, but I go to Grand Rapids a lot to see concerts. Van Andel is a great venue. Thank you for the welcome and for the point in the right direction Ultima.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:56:48 AM »
Thanks for the intro badgaf, restricted status lifted!

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
I'm from Bay City, but I go to Grand Rapids a lot to see concerts. Van Andel is a great venue. Thank you for the welcome and for the point in the right direction Ultima.

Jeesh that's a hike.  Considering the closest alternatives are flint and D-town, I don't blame you.  When I did my school in EL, the concerts were few and far between in terms of 'good music'.  The theater was much better, but that's not in the realm of concerts, as we're talking about them.  I went to small venues in d-town a lot.  When I was in high school though, I always went to the Van Andel arena for shows.  I'm from Middleville, not sure you've heard of the tiny place, but we use to travel to Bay City a lot for wrestling meets. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
Welcome, Welcome !!!

PvP has changed sooooo much, Browse around the template area and check out some of the new ideas.

So much has changed with suits and skills  and soo much more.

When I came back I was lost!!!!!  But SUO and the amazing people that Trounce around these forums love to help, Me included, So please feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »
welcome to scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline badgafTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome.
The only other places I go to see shows is usually Pine Knob and Dow Event Center in Saginaw. I want to go to GR to see Jeff Dunham when he's there in February, but all of the decent seats are sold out on Ticketmaster or 200+ for a pair on ebay. I like him buy not enough to warrant paying $100 a ticket or sitting so far away that you can't see what's happening on stage.

Tags: