Author Topic: Is Doom worth spending the time now days?  (Read 14184 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Is Doom worth spending the time now days?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
The old way was with the DF casting wither on the provoked stuff which would then trigger both to fight each other. 

I've done them with my sampire in the past but she has always had resist. 
Ah right, I remember that now. You could actually even do it with just provoking EV's onto them enough to get them to wither.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
An Corp Post

Yes, 2 years and 2 months, perhaps a record?

Eh, guess some slack to the b-day boy....

You can not provoke a Dark Father, you can provoke stuff ONTO a Dark Father.

The chance to get items is based on how many you've killed. There's like a running total for all the room bosses and Dark Fathers. Eventually you will get an artifact.

I use 2 Tamer with cusidhe, 120 Disco\Musi and Barding Mastery + Script. 1 Evening 6-10 Artifacts..
Depending on Participating Player
Solo i need about 30 minutes per Turn. So in 6 hours i doing 12 turns.. with 1 or 2 more thrower of friends we need about 5 minutes per turn so 12 turns per hour mean 72 hours. Enough to get some decent arts..

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 05:52:34 PM »
I personally love seeing old threads re-opened.  Shows that people are reading the content of the site deeply.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 04:40:16 AM »
Have the new bard powers made doom more worthwhile?

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:38 AM »
What new bard powers are you referring to?

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 05:11:47 AM »
The bard spells? Each bard discipline gets 2 spells related to the bard's ability.

They are extremely mana intensive.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:14 AM »
If you had a wammy and ran a bard in the back ground using the Peacemakeing spell(s) and as a healer plus discoing I'd say that would help tons.  This is exactly how I do gorgul, solo and with limited death. 

I run a modified version of Lame on my sampire/wammy and a healer on the bard to do the gorgul, easy as pie.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
I used to use a wammy & a discorder bot.  Now I'm going to switch to two wammies.  Only problem is I need another exiler & blackthorns kryss.

I use weapons as follows:

1st room:  Mana/Stamina leech mace
2nd room:  Mana/stamina leech mace
3rd room:  blackthorns demon (consecrate)
4th room: winds edge
5th room: blackthorns demon (chain AI's)
darkfathers:  exiler (hit dispel is nice for the reverants), frenzy whirlwind rocks (damn the 10 second delay)

The only reason I use blackthorns demon kryss is because of durability issues.  If I used just exiler I had to leave too much to repair it, so I got the kryss to spread out damage on my weapons.  Of course another exiler would be nice too, but I always was able to find the stupid kryss first.

OMG,

Do you still use your whammy here and is there a public script for your Bard Bot?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 03:21:32 AM »
I would personaly prefer 1-2 Tamer using as Tank with Veterinary, Barding (1 need Disco) and Magery. Its very Simple to do Gauntlet with 2 Tamers, when using 1 or 2 Archer,too as Supporter you can do this nonstop:-)
Sampires and Whammys are not bad,too but when it comes to multiple accouting it could be a pain to control 2 or 3 chars in once.i know someone who used a script to control 2 Whammys with Discorance in past. They only kept alive via Crosshealing and Melee damaging. But how it would work on Osi.. who knows..
A Script to full Automate Doom or processes there exist on a few Boards.. butall are crappy buggy or never were finished.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
I solo the gauntlet with my Tamer, no discord, and I have a healing script to heal my dragon it takes about 30 minutes for me to do it alone, about 15 minutes when my bard buddy shows up... then it takes me about 20 minutes to finish the rest of the gauntlet...

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »
What do you do about the bones?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:26 PM »
When using a Sampire with Whirlwind, they can be good sources for lifepoints, else i would prefer a speedy bonecutter;)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 07:35:01 PM »

the way I fight him there are no bones... I never cast at the dark father so he never throws any bones at me... as far as other spawn... he only spawns 2 - 3 monsters which can not reach my dragon since the father is blocking the path to my dragon so they never die.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »

the way I fight him there are no bones... I never cast at the dark father so he never throws any bones at me... as far as other spawn... he only spawns 2 - 3 monsters which can not reach my dragon since the father is blocking the path to my dragon so they never die.

Care to post a screenshot of what you mean?  Are you using the gate area to kill DF?

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
I haven't done doom in years...but can you still fight the DF behind the gate?

Tags: