Author Topic: Imbuing for your miner/lumberjack bot!  (Read 12559 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Imbuing for your miner/lumberjack bot!
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
Okay some might have already thought of this, maybe some didnt, I dont know.

I am at 100 something imbuing.  Watching my lumberjack, he was getting attacked from time to time by brigands, trolls, ogres and harpys.  Mostly due to his suit, it sucked, just 100% lrc I could throw together.  But all these creatures hit for 100 physical dmg, so it got me thinking.  Make a suit for him, with the mods I want to help him  survive.

With imbuing you can mod any stat you want to armor, easier if you get something not modded at all right?  So here is what I did.

First, dont go with MAX mod on anything, you will need special monster drops and well you dont need it for a lumberbot right?  So instead, lower the mod to what you need spread out over the armor.

1.  Goto an armorer, buy up a full suit of leather.
2. Goto a tinkerer and buy a ring and a bracelt (not modded)

Now when you have this stuff, mod you LRC onto the armor, spreading it out to get to 100% LRC over the 6 pieces.  So 6 / 100 = 16 roughly.  This will lower the weight of the modding of the rest of what you want.  This take I believe amber and magical residue.  Next I modded on Physical resist to all the leather, to max it out at 70 with protection on.  So, 70+12 for me, 82.  82 / 6 = 13ish.  This takes magical residue and diamonds.  Tehn I added any other mods I felt like, in my case I maxxed out reflect physical LOL.

Now the jewels:

Well assuming you have enough magery to recall, I added 40 swords and tactics add in you need an ax equipped to lumberjack, addd extra dmg.  But he still wasent hitting often or even hard.  So I made my jewels like this (remember they are blank jewels)

Bracelet:
tactics and swords +13
dmg inc 23%

Ring:
tactics and sword +13%

I forgot the other mod I put on, I think it was hit chance or something, but the tactics and swords was my main idea.  Remember, this is for a bot who isint casting a whole lot, so you dont need LMC, FC or FCR, just to be able to fight these annoying ass creatures that would otherwise kill an afk miner or lumberjacker.

As for a weapon, I already had a spell channeling ax that was a repond slayer, so I just equipped that.

For lumberjacking you WILL NEED a spell channeling AXE!  Slayer is preferable, but just an all around good weapon is the best, remember spell channeling so it dont un-equip.

There you have it: 70's Psy 100% LRC suit with extra mods to help your miner/lumberjacker defend himself.  :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Imbuing for your miner/lumberjack bot!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »
I did not think of that.   I have both Miners and Lumberjackers that get attacked.  I was trying to think of a way to balance everything on my Lumberjack and Miner, so I dont have to constantly stone skills.  This is a great work-around method.  This could be used as a template for our other in the field Craftsmen...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
Well I hope it helps.  You could also use powder of fort on the items too before imbuing. 

I am going to make another set for training magic skills with max LRC, LMC, FCR, FC, INT Bonus and Mana Inc.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:27:09 PM »
Well I hope it helps.  You could also use powder of fort on the items too before imbuing.  

I am going to make another set for training magic skills with max LRC, LMC, FCR, FC, INT Bonus and Mana Inc.

Don't forget a stam/dex suit for golem training... Maybe a self repair/high physical/hpr suit for parry
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:28:54 PM by onlyindreams »

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
I just finished putting my miner into a all 70s/38dci/20hci/30ssi -21 mage weapon/  I just used a set of fey leggings, that samuri helm, cloak of death for the dci.   The best part is lrc and resist imbues only takes magic residue and the magery on jewery was just essence.  I going to run my miner all weekend to get more jewels to make those 50 enhance pot rings, mana 2 braclets, 5 ssi rings to imbue. 

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
the 5ssi rings are so nice. i burnt like 2k turqouise tho but didnt anything i could work with tho   :'(

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »
Good thread i plan on doing simular once i get my imbue past 50
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
Just a small piece to add. I put Mage use and lrc and self repair and reflect physical on my mining gloves of +5.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
I thought we couldnt do self repair?
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »
WEll that sux.  I just checked it and self repair is not an option.  I had made some on the beta test and was waiting to get my imbuer to 120 and make some nice seld repair items but that wil not be and option then :(

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
Ummmmm
You could just do what I do and have your lumberjack go places where nothing hostile is around.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
I actually have the BEST LJ'in place in the game...but NO WAY am I gonna tell it here, to many other Sonoman's here..I would never get wood again!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 07:00:45 PM »
You never know.  You might be the one i see in my place ever once in a while also.  8)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
I actually have the BEST LJ'in place in the game...but NO WAY am I gonna tell it here, to many other Sonoman's here..I would never get wood again!

Didn't you tell use what that spot was in Elite?  Or did I ask in PM?  I can't remember now.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
I actually have the BEST LJ'in place in the game...but NO WAY am I gonna tell it here, to many other Sonoman's here..I would never get 'wood again'!

Does Sun Tigress Know this?

Tags: