Author Topic: Plants as a way to make profit! Full guide and how to.  (Read 22577 times)

Scrripty

Re: Plants as a way to make profit! Full guide and how to.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »
If I ever grow a plant in UO, shoot me.  Please. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
Grow them on your boat while your fishing.....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »

Will they grow in a boats hold?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »

Will they grow in a boats hold?

Cerv, look at what you've started!

Offline XvpX

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • XvpX is looked down upon.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »

I have a similar set up to this guide. It really doesn't take all that long once you get into a rhythm. I absolutely love decorating in Uo and plants are a vital part of it. I have never used it to make gold but I can see the potential for it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »
That was one of the biggest draws to UO for me was the items and the ability to decorate/hoard.  Gotta love that!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »

I heard Twinkle McNugget was starting to grow Plants, so we need to shoot him!    :D

I much rather harvest the Seeds of Renewal myself, then have someone else sell them to me for 150-200k each.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »
I'm going to quote one of the greatest movies of all time here. "Now I'm not sayin I'd grow plants, but if I *DID* grow plants, I wouldn't tell nobody about it!  I'd be embarassed as a *BLEEP* man!" :)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »

I heard Twinkle McNugget was starting to grow Plants, so we need to shoot him!    :D

I much rather harvest the Seeds of Renewal myself, then have someone else sell them to me for 150-200k each.

I started growing 64 plants in my backpack, not all on the same day. So far I have 70 regular seeds and 0 seeds of renewal. I'd rather buy them at this point lol

Offline floofpunkitten

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
Nice. I just wasted 100 seeds and about an hour because none of the scripts you mention works. :/

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
Quote from: Some whiner
Nice. I just wasted 100 seeds and about an hour because none of the scripts you mention works. :/

Wow, so when you followed the instructions in the first post the scripts mentioned there didn't work for you?

Did you happen to notice the date on that post? Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe he posted that in January of 2010

So, to summarize this...

You fail to ensure that you are working with current data.... then you post with some kind of attitude about wasting all of 100 seeds and an entire hour of your life?

Here's a little advice for you. Check your sources to ensure that they are current, if you have a question regarding whats posted - ask. Don't come after the fact and complain. The reason for this fail is entirely on you.

Shiny?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
alot of information here mate good job makes me start to consider growing plants

Offline floofpunkitten

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • floofpunkitten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
Quote from: Some whiner

Wow, so when you followed the instructions in the first post the scripts mentioned there didn't work for you?

Did you happen to notice the date on that post? Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe he posted that in January of 2010

So, to summarize this...

You fail to ensure that you are working with current data.... then you post with some kind of attitude about wasting all of 100 seeds and an entire hour of your life?

Here's a little advice for you. Check your sources to ensure that they are current, if you have a question regarding whats posted - ask. Don't come after the fact and complain. The reason for this fail is entirely on you.

Shiny?

I didn't meant to come off with an attitude - I apologize, I'm just frustrated from spending hours trying to get some of this stuff to work to no avail.

But, its the same error over and over with several different scripts and I have no idea how to check anything. I think maybe it's a pathing problem but I have no idea how to fix that. When I try to run the scripts, it says a certain file cannot be found, please check to make sure the file is in the correct folder - which it is.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:51 AM »
Yeah, that's the way it came over.

Plant tending has been a thorn (heh) for scripting for a while. People were really happy with the Hort-O script over at EUO. Then, gumps changed and the author wasn't updating it. Other things changed and suddenly the script was a few patches behind and still fixes.

It would be an awesome idea for someone here to run with that. Either fix the Horto since the author is MIA, or to rewrite something.

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
Wise thing to do when testing something is not using 100 the first time. Try 5 instead until the kinks are worked out..  I happen to have started plants last week. My guild leader is a plant nut and i got some supplies to get started. I cant wait to try out this method though. I started with intentions of getting orange petals to sell and use. My first 12 plants i got 5 seeds of renewal so far lol. I guess i was lucky. I still have 3 seed days left and have my second and third batch planted. Ill save a ton of seeds and try this method when I can..  Thanks again

Tags: