Author Topic: REQUEST: A couple walkthroughs, Peerless n Champ.  (Read 6598 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
REQUEST: A couple walkthroughs, Peerless n Champ.
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »
Okay after much much much trying to find any kind of real strat for my setup, I am begging for a walkthrough for...

Travesty
Niera the Necromancer
Prisim of Light
Grizzle

Now these are my toons to use...

Whammy + 120 Disco Tamer
Whammy + Whammy
Whammy + Archer
Archer + 120 Disco Tamer

Please please please can someone help me especially with Niera and Travesty, two I really want to farm.  And if you give a walkthrough, please try to be as specific as possible, for my dumb butt lol
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST: A couple walkthroughs, Peerless n Champ.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »
Not sure what the best thing to do is, but here's some tips....
Neira is like Barracoon. If you melee her, she runs around. So I'd suggest a mage or archer.
She also drops bones that turn into spawn like the Dark Father (wraiths, lich lords, rotting corpses, skeletons, etc). I suggest your second account just cuts bones... Maybe disco protector?
She also casts necro spells, so watch out for Blood Oath!

Travesty... No idea, haven't done it in many months

Prisim... Same as Trav, plus I sucked at it.

Grizzle can be done solo with a single tamer, although it will take a while. Just make sure you have 2k+ bandages. Put your dragon on her and stand behind your dragon, just MAKE SURE you do NOT stand in the acid it spews out. It will KILL your armor! Think Harbinger acid.

Offline Pyargy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyargy has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:57 AM »
Taking a bard to Travisty is a bad deal as she is a changling and use your bard skills against you.  I have only farmed getting the two keys off the of each side.  Some else in our party has always used Tamer/spellweaver to get third key.  I guess once you are in the room needed for key its not bad but getting to that room is hard from what I understand.

Killing Travisty is just time consuming, although just about time for her to die she spawns Ninja's in the room and it gets really crazy.  Best approach i have seen is that two melee fighter take all ninja spawn and back themselves into a corner.  Cross healing and disarming as you go.  This leaves the tamers free to keep working on Travisty.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:21:01 AM »
If you use a whirlwind weapon on Travesty he will copy you, and when he ww's, he'll kill his own Ninja's for you ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Neira.

Tamer Disco - Have him cut bones, Disco the Champ

Use your Archer with a Mana Leach, HLD, SSI, DI Comp Bow. Honor Her, Enemy of One, ARMOR IGNORE SPAM. Same way I take down rikktor. You will hit her for around 150-180 damage once your honor caps. Take about 20 minutes to fully drop her probably. Never actually TRIED With 1 toon, but I'm sure it will work.

Travesty, Just Dual Whammy. Can probably set up a simple follow sub and an auto attack sub on the travesty and run Twinkle McNugget's pvm Dexxer on your alt to handle the necessary subs. Use weapons with Hit area Effect and just lightning Strike her Over and Over and Over. Wraith form + Undead Talisman is best on her.

Grizzle - I think that a Greater Hyru thats fully trained is better than a greater on the grizzle..... I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember hearing that/seeing a guy soloing it with a hyru. Same tactics as mentioned above.

Prism of Light- Disco Tamer and Archer. I Probably wouldn't even put your pet on the champ until its discorded, just jump back and forth between the teles until you get it. Then put your pet on it, Use your archer as back up to attack the Summons, BUT NOT THE CHAMP. Champ will throw out summons on top of your archer, which can be nasty.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
Ugh mwinc you need to do a couple of them duo with me so I know exactly what you are talking about.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Couple of Which
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
neira and trav
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
I've used both a hiryu and a greater dragon successfully on the Grizzle. Prior to the introduction of Greater Dragons the hiryu was hands down the best choice. The main advantage of the GD is it's beefy HP. Both do 100% physical damage which is the Grizzle's weakest resist. Both have high fire resist which is the grizzle acid damage type.

It is easy to sit right out of range on your tamer and vet, but I find that the acid makes for a lot of spike damage. It can be hard to keep up. Because you are standing so far away your pet will take a step back if the Grizzle invises itself, putting you back into acid range. You have to pay attention because if this happens you must reissue kill orders quickly. I can do a full writeup on this boss fom a tamers perspective if there is any interest. :)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
I can definitely help you with Shimmering and Travesty.  These are the two that I farm constantly.

I'm finishing a suit for someone at the moment, but I'll be back to detail my tactics and builds for you shortly.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
Wasn't there a way to take on travesty with a tamer with no offensive capabilities.
Another trick is to go in as sampire with shield equiped wait for travesty to change then change weapons and dump shield.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:23:21 AM »
Go wraith form, equip undead slayer talisman, and swing away. No armore ignore weapons, no bleed weapons, no mortal weapons.

Also, if you get here to stand on one side of a pillar, you can bring in your discorder, get her discorded and then stand your discorder on the other side of the pillar, travesty will never transform into that player.

If you placed enough bag balls in just the right spots i'm 98% Sure you could make her mirror images spawn far enough away that they wouldn't absorb her damage.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: