Author Topic: Selling resources for MILLIONS  (Read 2286 times)

Offline NoobieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Selling resources for MILLIONS
« on: October 23, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
I have been looking for ways to start generating profit in game and I noticed today that 5K of  Frostwood on ATL was selling for 6.25m!!! I can't remember the last time I ran my LJ and I have not played that much in the late year so I may have missed something, but what has changed to cause this price increase?

What are you selling to make serious gold?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:11:16 PM by Noobie »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Selling resources for MILLIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
The randomization of resources has made the higher levels more rare thus the prices went up. With Imbuing, there also is less demand for said resources but the price remains high.

6.25 mil for 5k frostwood seems a little ridicuous even with this in mind though.

I don't vendor anymore, I don't really play enough, but I used to make a lot of $$ on ingots - hardly the same nowadays.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »
  The ONLY reason it's high right now is because of the cleanup points.

Some people are doing resources like this:
amount of gold needed per cleanup point multiplied by amount of points given by resource multiplied by total number of resources.

Prices will drop a ton after this is over. The only resources that will stay steady in price will be anything involved in imbuing.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
you can list stuff for what ever price you want that doesnt mean it will sell.  If you note across all shards in every resource or category thier is always one person who lists an insane price.

Now if it does sell ill be straight over to Atlantic to shift some of my 700,000 frostwood boards.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NoobieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »
Well I did not even think about the clean up thing. It seems like imbuing did jack a lot of different things up that I used to sell especially runic kits :( and about the only thing that I can get to sell now is Regs or Power Scrolls. I guess I need to look into farming some Imbuing consumables for popular mods. 

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:57:32 AM »
I spent a hour building a spread sheet that priced out the average pink scroll that was for sale on ATL listed on Search UO.  I came to the conclusion that if I sold all of my pinks that I had binded to 5.0's that I'll never use it would raise 220 mil if they sold for a average of 27% cheaper then that shard but I just don't know if anyone actually sells stuff there or what the deal is.  Not the exact same theory but still a silly shard.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: