Author Topic: Plants as a way to make profit! Full guide and how to.  (Read 22576 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Plants as a way to make profit! Full guide and how to.
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:17 AM »
Hold on need to refill my coffee...

So you are thinking about plants or you already do them now, but you dont do much or want to learn how to do more?  Maybe you are just getting into it and doing just 10-30 plants isint what you had in mind?  Maybe the thought of doing 400-2000 plants is so overwhelming that it makes you nervous?  Or maybe you just want to make a ton o cash?  What ever your reason, that is why I am writing this guide.  

DISCLAIMER: A lot of the info in this guide is just that, info, info that I found here and other places.  I dont remember all the places and people, but this is a collection of info from my own studies that other people suggested and I put it all together for you.

Getting started:
Well first you may be asking yourself, why so many plants?  What can I do?  How is this gonna bring a profit?  Well...

1. The new dyes are done with plants.
2. Orange petals are done with plants.
3. Green Thorns are done with plants.
4. Seeds of renewal for imbuing mana regen, hp regen and sta regen are gotten through plants.

So how much can you make?  Tons if you do it right.  Lets get your supplies ready first shall we?  Here is a list of thing you will need.

1. A chest with potion kegs and a water pitcher.  (Greater Poison, Greater Cure, Greater Strength, Greater Heal) Its best to have a GM alchemist for your plant tender.
2. A lot of seeds, you can start with a few as every plant will give up to 8 seeds, so whatever the number you start with, times it by 8 for your next run.  But try to get a few hundred.
3. Room for lockdowns for each plant.  1 lockdown = 1 plant.
4. Wooden Create, one for each 100 plants.
5. A water Trough.
6. A few large stone tables.

See the attached images for how I do my setup then do something similar.  I am currently doing 1500 plants, each bowl you see is 100 plants stacked.

I will not go through how to take care of plants ect in much detail as that is not the point of this guide.

Okay, first things first, lets get your area set up.  

1. place a chest on the ground where your water trough will be, secure it.  Now use a house deco tool and raise it enough so you can place the water trough underneath it.  Then you can lower the chest back down to make it look like its on a table or stand after you place the water trough.

2. Place your large stone tables around each side of th water trough, if your trough is east, your tables should be south, ect.  Make it so you can walk inbetween the two tables and up to your water trough as if they form a "U" with a single square pathway as the center.  (see pics)

3. Put your pitcher of water and potion kegs in the chest on top of the water trough.

Okay now we are ready to place your plants.  If you havent already, get 100 plants ready, or how ever many you will be using per stack.  Now take all those plant bowls (make sure you already put dirt in them and watered them and put your seeds in them) and put them in your wooden create.  Place the wooden create on your large stone table and use an axe to break it.  All of your plant bowls will drop out into a neat pile that looks like a single plant bowl.  In essence it is 100 plant bowls, but it only looks like one.  Now you need to lock them all down.  There is a script here on SUO to do this, so find it first!!!  Search is your friend.  It was made by C2, so that should help your search, also you might search for QLI, which is a plant bowl.

Okay now they are all locked down.  If you have more you can do another 100 on top of the stack you just did, or you can do like me and do stacks of colors so you dont get them all mixed up.  Just follow the same steps.  Remember you will need a lot of potion kegs, the more plants you have, the more kegs you will want.  I have 6 of each kind in mine, which is good for 400-1500.

Now, what you need to do is run hort o matic once a day, when you have done that, you will want to set it to Tend plants, Harvest Seeds, Maximize Plant Health.  You will want to uncheck prevention or it will use a greater strength potion on every plant, sometimes two.  

Hort O Matic will ask for you to click on your work chest and place a seed container ect.  When your plants start making resources and seeds it will put them in the bag.

Now from here you have a couple options...so ask yourself these questions.

1. Do I want to make dyes?

If the answer is yes, then you will want to set all plants to deco mode once they are done giving resources and seeds.  You will also want to research how to make different colors, they have a great guide on stratics.  White and Black come from mutated plants.  Other colors come from different combos.  Research the plant guides on stratics for the colors you want.  

You will put each plant that is in deco mode in your pack, cut it with "clippers" made from a tinker and it will give you "<color> plant clippings" which is used in making dye.  I will not go into a step by step process for making dye, there are nice guides out there for this, so read up on how to do it.

2. Do I want to sell deco plants?

If the answer is yes, then its simple, when a plant is done producing seeds and or resources, set it to deco then put it on your vendor!  Or deco your house or whatever.

3. Do I want to sell my seeds and or seeds of renewal?

If the answer is yes, hort already placed your seeds into a container, so price them on your vendor and sell them.  10 Seeds of renewal at the time of this writing go for 2m on ATL.

4. Do I want to sell or collect resources such a green thorns and orange petals?

If the answer is yes, you will need to cross pollonate different plant types to get a specific color and a specific type of plant.  Again there are guides for this on stratics, look them up.  This guide is all about how to do plants en mass and how it can make you money.

Well thats it!  Its actually pretty easy, if you know how to setup your garden and I hope this helped you in figuring out how a lot of people are doing this.  If I missed anything or you have something to add or questions please feel free to post.

At the time of this writing myself and a couple others are working on a SUO version of hort o matic that works more fluidly and works 100% for now you will have to use hort until it is finished, but there is a started script with a menu to lock down the plants, water the dirt and plant seeds and other tools, you can find that here in the script section, SUO AIO Plant something something...

Below is the screen shot of my garden...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
garden.JPG
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:10:08 AM by 12TimesOver »
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
Re: Plants as a way to make prophit! Full guide and how to.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
Nice write up!
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
I am interested in making a prophit with my plants, I think?  I just do not know what that is right now.  Currently, I make a "Profit" on them...   :D

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
haha
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 06:34:02 AM »
I have never even thought of growing plants, but now that I want seeds of renewal and they seem to be a hot item I might just set this up and see how it goes. Is there a certain plant that will give more or less of seeds of renewal or is it just a random item? Great Read!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:41:27 AM »
Nope its a small chance from any plant
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »
Good work on the plants period and good work on this write up.  Plus one Karma from your old buddy.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
Very nice write up Cor.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
Thanks guys, I hope it helps some of you to make some extra coin, just dont try to undercut me or I will dust your crops with pesticide!
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »
I am interested in making a prophit with my plants, I think?  I just do not know what that is right now.  Currently, I make a "Profit" on them...   :D
Ok, sue me but I couldn't take looking at that topic everytime a new post made it so I fixed the spelling!! I'm sorry for such a blatent misuse of pwer but I couldn't help it!! ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Plants as a way to make profit! Full guide and how to.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
Ah, one of the PERKS of being a staff member!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
You have to grow the right plants to get the title "Prophet" ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »
u wouldnt happen to have any bright orange seeds would u
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »

Not yet, just did the correct pollenation to make orange, need to wait till my next cycle to get bright orange seeds, then the following cycle to get petals.

Gonna make a big Prophit here!

(ps the above was just for 12x)
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »

Not yet, just did the correct pollenation to make orange, need to wait till my next cycle to get bright orange seeds, then the following cycle to get petals.

Gonna make a big Prophit here!

(ps the above was just for 12x)

Hehe...

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: