Author Topic: Shiner Black  (Read 14872 times)

Offline NicarTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Shiner Black
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
Not sure how much Shiner Bock, and the family of Shiner beers are distributed across the US. The beers themselves come from a place that's about 1 1/2 hours away from me, so of course, there's Shiner Bock, Hefeweizen, Blonde.. and one very tasty Shiner Black. A Black Bavarian Ale is how I believe it's classified, very nice flavors in it. And TM, if you like that other german one, you may actually like this as well. No it is not a stout, so it doesn't taste like guiness or other stouts with that rich coffee/creamy taste.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Shiner Black
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
I've seen those distributed here in Cali, so at least they are available.  I can't say I've tried it so far.  I've always been one to find a beer that gives you the feeling that you're also eating a substantive loaf of bread (err, well I started drinking Michelob Ultra just for the low-carb thing).  So the Black sounds tasty for sure and after Germany, I'll always accept a nice Hefeweizen.  Hopefully I can find those here.  There's a BevMO opening up just a block away from my house, so I might have a new source!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
Not sure how much Shiner Bock, and the family of Shiner beers are distributed across the US. The beers themselves come from a place that's about 1 1/2 hours away from me, so of course, there's Shiner Bock, Hefeweizen, Blonde.. and one very tasty Shiner Black. A Black Bavarian Ale is how I believe it's classified, very nice flavors in it. And TM, if you like that other german one, you may actually like this as well. No it is not a stout, so it doesn't taste like guiness or other stouts with that rich coffee/creamy taste.

Based on one of your other posts, I think I can safely deduce that your'e from TX (go Texas! #1) :)

Your beer of choice shoudl be Zeiganbach :) Best Texas beer ever :)

/gC

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Oh, and TM, not to leave the love out for you, my other favorite beer is from Stone Brewery, located in Escondido :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Brewery

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »
Oh, and TM, not to leave the love out for you, my other favorite beer is from Stone Brewery, located in Escondido :)

/gC

Funny thing too is the Stone Brewery is about 2 blocks away from my house.  I used to mountain bike all over that area, but now there's a power station, hospital and most importantly a brewery there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »

/gC

Funny thing too is the Stone Brewery is about 2 blocks away from my house.  I used to mountain bike all over that area, but now there's a power station, hospital and most importantly a brewery there.

Next time I'm out that way, I'm scooping you up and we're gonna hit that place. I figure we could spend a few hours there until they kick us out and ban us for life. It will be legendary like an old Sex Pistols party crash.

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »
Next time I'm out that way, I'm scooping you up and we're gonna hit that place. I figure we could spend a few hours there until they kick us out and ban us for life. It will be legendary like an old Sex Pistols party crash.

/gC

Deal.  The last time I got ejected from some place like that is when we had WAAAAY too much to drink and let us actually play darts with the real pointy variety.  Pointy darts and tequila are really not the best mix. ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:46:27 PM »
Stone Brewery - Arrogant Bastard Ale?
And yeah, i'm from Texas  :)  Zieganback is alright.. but my taste is the belguim ale style... oh how i miss some of the Celis beers.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:10:17 PM »
Stone Brewery - Arrogant Bastard Ale?
And yeah, i'm from Texas  :)  Zieganback is alright.. but my taste is the belguim ale style... oh how i miss some of the Celis beers.

Yup indeedy.  The Stone Brewery here in Escondido is a pretty darn cool place; they have a great restaurant so you can have an nice meal as you get hammered.

Zieganbock, haven't seen that out here.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 04:03:48 AM »
I don't think you will TM, you'll have to make it to Texas for Zieganbach

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
I don't think you will TM, you'll have to make it to Texas for Zieganbach

Yep, it's like Blue Bell ice cream :)

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 07:04:22 PM »
Don't they have Blue Bell ice cream in Oklahoma too?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »
Don't they have Blue Bell ice cream in Oklahoma too?

But, do you know why Texas won't fall into the Gulf of Mexico... it's because Oklahoma sucks!!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »

But, do you know why Texas won't fall into the Gulf of Mexico... it's because Oklahoma sucks!!!!

Well I have to agree with that.  The people are fine there, it's just a boring, flat, featureless state.  I spent some time in Tulsa, and for the life of me I don't understand what keeps people there.  It's too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, too windy at all hours, basically too much for me.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: