Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 483877 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #810 on: September 18, 2015, 12:20:09 PM »
Hello,

Anyone had this bug where after fishing out the starting spot (when you start the script)  it says slow forward then never stop to fish again? It just keep going forward forever haha.

In bug you mean PEBKAC?  Point your boat north.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline yan2099

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • yan2099 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply :)

*facepalm* haha my bad I tought it was only for osi shards as it was a good path ;p the link to user error was funny as hell xd

I got another problem might be my fault again haha I position myself in front of the mat(post) right in front in the middle then when I kill a serpent it tries to move the bot right or left by one but it get stuck in the serpent and I am too far to open it? Also my character don't move and even if I manually go near the serpent it will be too far I I had to move the boat backward by 1 to open it. Also I am using a small boat like mentionned in the instructions.

Is there a way to make it so that after it kill the serpent it move to the dead body then return to the center ( initial spot )

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:56:43 PM by yan2099 »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #812 on: September 18, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »
The ships are meant to be navigated by standing right behind the mast between that and the tillerman.  If for some reason your shard doesn't get you close enough to the dead body just by driving the boat, you will need to pathfind close to the body and then pathfind back to the spot where the script is designed to pilot the boat.  That's part of the reason why the script strictly requires a small boat even on OSI.

When I run this on freeshards, you have to hand-tweak it.  That's why we don't officially support any of them because nearly all of them are different.  Freeshards I know this works on is Alexandra and RebirthUO.  In fact I'm fishing on Lexia right now.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 05, 2015, 12:55:29 PM »
I've been heavily testing this most excellent script on an OSI server and paying close attention to what's going on in hopes of offering some possible improvement suggestions. I imagine this script will be used as reference by someone re-creating it for stealth, eventually, so here are a couple of the things I noticed.

- it opens the MIBs right on the corpse and loots the waterstained SoS, which is fine, but unopened MIBs do sell a little more quickly to players hoping for an ASOS. This isn't a big deal, but it's impossible to get an actual bottle right now and some may want those unopened

- It cuts the body every time resulting in a pile of hides on the corpse. If I do not have loot hides turned on the weight on the corpse is preventing me from dumping all my shoes onto it, I get messages saying the corpse can't hold more weight

- When it loots the pile of hides it cuts them in your pack. When you get close to max weight this sometimes causes the CheckWeight sub to trigger a bank run even though you might be several kills from being within 20 of max weight. ie: extra bank runs. Perhaps the order could be optimized to keep you as far from triggering a bank run as possible(more time with the hook in the water), such as by cutting fish before looting hides if within 100 of max weight and then not checking weight at the standard 20 from max until after hides are cut? I've been at the bank with as little as 232 weight of 450 max.

- If I specify that I want 100 bandages in my pack and the total falls to 99 a bank run is triggered to get 1 bandage, perhaps forcing the pickup of bandages to equal twice the amount set as minimum would help? Same with arrows. I ran into a loop where recalling to the boat from bank caused a healing attempt due to the perceived damage from crossing server boundaries. That caused the sub to send me back to the bank where I picked up one more bandage.

- No option to keep certain types of fish that might be useful for the deep sea quests, I see some on the AH and wouldn't mind having a stock of them ready if I decide to do the quests later on.

- A Chivalry glitch. If your Chiv skill is low enough that you may fizzle enemy of one the character continues to try to cast it until successful. A few fails in a row may result in a dead sea serpent while you're still trying to cast enemy of one. When this happens, and you finally succeed, the script continues fishing and doesn't loot the corpse(if more than a few seconds have passed since it died).

All testing was done in Fel, it might be different in Tram, and none of the above detract from the script overall, they are just ideas to make it even better. I love this script.

Gem
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:03:57 PM by Gemviper »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #814 on: October 05, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
You should unselect the "Loot ASOS" so it just loots everything.

As far as shoes are concerned, you must still be building your fisher to GM.  This will go away when you get closer to GM and start looting fewer shoes.  Also having very low strength causes other issues.  Ultimately you'll need very high strength when doing MIBs because the chests become VERY heavy (and I do love heavy chests.... ).  Do yourself a favor before you get too far into this and build your strength first.

The max weight thing being closer to max causes other problems when you go over and can't recall.  I keep it lower to be sure you can still recall without having to unload without anywhere to unload.

Bandage/Chiv is really not the ideal way to use this script.  Magery is the way to go.  Micromanaging all the additional requirements like arrows/bandages and dealing with the oddities of casting Chivalry (compounded with high mana regeneration) just causes too many issues.  You want no problems, then use Magery.  I added bandage/Chiv right after ML came out and I went through that phase, but I haven't ever used it since personally.  I more closely follow the KISS principle.

If you don't select "Carve HS fish" then the script will just bank the piles of HS fish, so you'll be able to refer back to your stash in your bank.

At GM fishing and magery, this script runs 24/7 365days/year.  Everything else just becomes corner cases to that function.

Note this script is now 10 years old now.  It's been out of the testing phase for a while, so it is kinda "WYSIWYG".  Frankly I'm shocked it still works as well as it does.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:36:26 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »
As far as shoes are concerned, you must still be building your fisher to GM.

112 of 120 right now, and I don't get many but 3-4 pairs is enough to have a full corpse in fel OSI right now, if the hides are on the corpse with the scales and an item or two.

build your strength first
I have it at 100 for the damage bonus but without bonuses to it in the script gear I am using its 450str, I agree that's a bit too low.

Bandage/Chiv is really not the ideal way to use this script.
Agreed, I have it set to use chiv in hopes it gives me the odd gain on this toon, I'm close to my target already. I just included it since it's happening, but it's not the KISS method for sure.

I didn't go with magery since it won't be in my final template, again it's just what I noticed but I get that it's ME not being optimal for the script :)

As for being old, it still rocks. I just wanted to provide feedback again since Stealth is new(er) and this hasn't been converted into a Stealth script yet(that I know of) and if someone goes to do that there's little things they could tweak. I am by no means knocking the script, it's perfect at what it does and I want it perfect if it lands on Stealth too!  It's one of my favs.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #816 on: October 05, 2015, 04:59:54 PM »
It's actually boggling my mind a little that you are filling a corpse up with crap.  How on earth is that happening?  There never has been so many shoes in fishing from what I remember.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 05, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
112 fishing, 1700 luck suit(if that matters), I dunno... your script says I'm getting 13 or so sea monsters per hour but I'm easily getting 4x that in shoes in fel. The script cuts the corpse first, grabs only the SOS or map, and proceeds to dump fishsteaks and shoes on the corpse and occasionally it throws a "corpse cannot accept more weight" type message. It degrades nicely and continues along fishing even with the shoes still in my pack. I vaguely remember that corpses could hold a WHOLE lot more a year ago too so this may be a new change? I dunno...

Maybe if it didn't cut the monster up at all when I don't have loot hides/scales enabled? It's not really a problem, I don't have the trash option enabled and I could do things myself to make sure it doesn't happen... I'm just hoping this finds its way to stealth eventually and if it does it needs a little updating maybe, but not much considering how long its been running along!

Right now I'm just too confused with stealth to get any use out of it, I have it running but there aren't any scripts I can use for what I do in game. I've been reading all the posts I can find on making EUO work with stealth tonight after reading THIS POST but Crome says the opposite IN THIS POST so I'm just lost right now. Learning a pair of new scripting languages as a requirement to using it is tough, for now.

Is it possible to run EUO and Stealth simultaneously so that the scripts run in EUO actually work while stealth is running? If I can't figure it out I'll go back to writing my own, albeit slower than the competition, script for looting idocs in EUO and hold off with learning stealth until a few more scripts migrate over to get clues from, I don't have the python/pascal knowhow to fully write a script there yet.

Stealth works great, EUO works great, but when both work at the same time EUO says "no supported UO client found" if I try to run a script. grrrr...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:24:57 PM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 05, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »
Just get a goat and give him the shoe, u can never get in full :)

Offline madgar29

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • madgar29 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 07, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
can someone please help me set this up? do i use SUO or easyuo?  It keeps asking where the loot profile needs to be running that i need a setup.txt where do i get all these? I am sorry I am a newbie

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #820 on: October 07, 2015, 06:05:35 PM »
can someone please help me set this up? do i use SUO or easyuo?  It keeps asking where the loot profile needs to be running that i need a setup.txt where do i get all these? I am sorry I am a newbie

I suggest that you go back an read a little bit of this thread since there's many people who have been through what you're going through now.  This isn't really the best starter script to get working because it depends on another script to work properly. 

So grab a sandwich, scroll back a few pages and read a bit.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline madgar29

• Activity:
    0%
  • madgar29 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 07, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »

I suggest that you go back an read a little bit of this thread since there's many people who have been through what you're going through now.  This isn't really the best starter script to get working because it depends on another script to work properly. 

So grab a sandwich, scroll back a few pages and read a bit.

i got it going but when it says where do you want to fish its not throwing the line out... I am trying to figure out why. - FIXED it i was to close to land or whatever... we will see how it runs :P I am running this on a freeshard UO:EVOLUTION

Post Merge: October 08, 2015, 10:20:47 PM
First script I've used since joining this wonderful site! So far I've been fishing for 2 hours and I've already fished up 10 serpents. I understand that free shards are not supported since it would be a pain with all of the different designs. The only issue so far running on UO:Demise is that serpent corpses stop the boat. Because of this most of the time I have to manually walk one step to get close enough to loot the corpse. Not a big deal at all but at some point I think I will try and have the script step over one step and back one when finished. Overall this script has been incredible!

you think you can share that snipit that you fixed with this? I cannot move through the serps either so I am not looting them.  Just wondered thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:20:47 PM by madgar29 »

Offline Hulkbuster

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hulkbuster has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 01, 2015, 12:46:18 AM »
Ive been using this on EA as a trainer hunter it is one damn fine script. Althought on EA your not allowed to AFK as such this script is so intelligent that ive been getting away with it so far. 50-110 fishing AFK lol 215 SOS in my collection.

Template

Fishing 110 (120 eventually)
Magery 115 (120 eventually)
Eval Int 115 (120 eventually)
Meditation 120
Incribe 100

Havent decided what other skills to throw on this template yet but with the above skills i have no problem farming the Serpents using a 2/6 100% lrc suit with 32 LMC and 58% SDI (imbued suit)..

The only problem i have noticed recently with this script. When you dont want to carve fish because your collecting fish for the Fish Monger quests you have a high chance of going overweight. For example you have 300 stones out of say 400 max but then you catch a big fish of 120 stones makig you 20 over cap. Even with big fish set to 200 because your not carving fish it wont cut up the big fish.
Would be nice if there was a option to cut big fish only as EA has quite a few of them now so the chances of getting a big fish are greater.

Other than that little problem this is truly the greatest fishing script ever..

Thanks for your hard work TrailMyx simply amazing..

Offline Mac

• Activity:
    0%
  • Mac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »
I would like to point out that I do not have several posts as I prefer to find script problems on my own.  I am having a bit of a time with this one as I have not worked a lot with pathfinding.  Here is the scoop...  I am using a small boat as required, it is facing north, and I have retried setup a couple times.  When the character recalls back to the boat from bank and attempts to pathfind %southofmast it will get stuck in what seems to be an endless loop of pathfinding and lag out and d/c.  I have tried a few options with the timers on this sub but all have been met with no result.  Any ideas?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #824 on: December 18, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
Are you trying to use the computer at the same time, or are you dedicating your computer to running the script?  As far as lagging out and disconnecting, that's something the script simply cannot do for you.  

I recently used this on OSI just to see if it worked and for me it worked well on both my main computer and a VM.  Sometimes it takes a second to pathfind to the south of mast position, but only a second or 2.

Also, are you running any other scripts other than the CLAw?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:14:50 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing