Author Topic: Hello All!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline mjswango57Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mjswango57 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello All!
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:10:44 AM »
Hey there everyone. My name is Crankshaft. I have played UO since I was 11 years old back in 1999. It was an experience that forever changed my life because it allowed me to bond with my father. He played Ultima games from the beginning and introduced me. I played OSI shards until about 2003 (AoS era). At that point I started my own RunUO PvP shard. It was quite successful (in the eyes of my 15 year old self). Successfully maintained a consistent online population of about 70 people. That was where I started to learn about scripting and their incorporation to the game.

I have recently returned to UO, as of today in fact. My father since passed away in 2017 and I came across a video of someone who recreated the opening intro with a guitar and ocarina. That video really took me back down memory lane and lead to me watching streams of people on Twitch. Seeing that a lot of free shards within the Renaissance rule set where very populated, it led me on my search to join back in the community that has been a part of my life for over 20 years.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and allowing me to introduce myself. I look forward to those of you that I will encounter on Outlands, UO Forever and UO Renaissance

Crank

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 05:26:04 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:03 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: