Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 481769 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1080 on: June 19, 2021, 07:43:57 AM »
This is probably a good time to remind the thread that I don't recommend using the archery feature.  It was written 14 years ago, and never worked all that well back then.  However using magery with this script always seemed to work much better.  Since you are on Demise, you will also have issues with the peculiarity of your shard since it's not 100% what EasyUO expects (and more specifically what scripts are written to handle).  Timing, click locations, last object, tile behavior always function a bit differently on freeshards vs. production.

With that said, you can probably figure it out but you will need to debug very carefully.  You'll need to add "pause" statements in the problem areas of the code and then single-step through the script noting the variable values are getting the expected values.  This is exactly how I would approach the problem, and really how most of us learned to script in the first place. :)

Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline storani

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • storani has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 19, 2021, 08:38:11 AM »
This is probably a good time to remind the thread that I don't recommend using the archery feature.  It was written 14 years ago, and never worked all that well back then.  However using magery with this script always seemed to work much better.  Since you are on Demise, you will also have issues with the peculiarity of your shard since it's not 100% what EasyUO expects (and more specifically what scripts are written to handle).  Timing, click locations, last object, tile behavior always function a bit differently on freeshards vs. production.

With that said, you can probably figure it out but you will need to debug very carefully.  You'll need to add "pause" statements in the problem areas of the code and then single-step through the script noting the variable values are getting the expected values.  This is exactly how I would approach the problem, and really how most of us learned to script in the first place. :)
Thanks. I will follow your advice!

Taking advantage (even though it's not the main topic of the topic), don't you have an updated script for Waterstained SOS? What I found does not read the SOS properly and ends up not marking them on the map by region. Is this also a problem for being on Demise?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1082 on: June 19, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »
Taking advantage (even though it's not the main topic of the topic), don't you have an updated script for Waterstained SOS? What I found does not read the SOS properly and ends up not marking them on the map by region. Is this also a problem for being on Demise?
That's definitely a question for Gad since he seems to be the official/unofficial maintainer for Kal's MIB SOS Master.  I'm not sure he has a thread here about it, so you might need to ask about that over at EasyUO in the SOS Master thread.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11099&hilit=sos+master
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:45:24 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline storani

• Activity:
    0%
  • storani has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 19, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »
That's definitely a question for Gad since he seems to be the official/unofficial maintainer for Kal's MIB SOS Master.  I'm not sure he has a thread here about it, so you might need to ask about that over at EasyUO in the SOS Master thread.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11099&hilit=sos+master

Thanks!!!

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 19, 2021, 11:58:45 AM »
Read through that entire thread, there was something that needed a simple update (a dependency) and it works like a champ, i know i starting using it again last year and had to read through to find the fix to properly label, but i can tell you for sure it works as before, and have fished up a couple hundred sos with no issues.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 20, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »
Your best bet would be to use a normal bow and imbue it with snake slayer and spellchanneling and whatever else fits if you are going to use archery. I had many issues using other bows and I think it had to do more with the hand that it equips it in than anything else. With that being said, with gm magery and eval and a snake slayer spallbook. I 2 shot sea serpents and 3 shot deep sea serpents. With a 100% LRC suit, there is no ammo to use either. Magery is definitely the way to go. You will need to update the itemid for the MIB and Ancient MIB and may need to adjust other things since it is a freeshard (RunUO Server) and this script was written for official shards. It works like a champ though!

Offline baseball3331

• Activity:
    0%
  • baseball3331 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 27, 2021, 11:31:53 AM »
After some trouble shooting, finally got it working! Had to brush off the old cob webs. Great script, Thank you!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1087 on: June 27, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »
After some trouble shooting, finally got it working! Had to brush off the old cob webs. Great script, Thank you!
Did you get it working for OSI or a freeshard?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx\\\\\\\'s Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1088 on: August 20, 2021, 06:21:12 AM »
(I am on OSI shard using a small boat)

Great script. I used this in the past long ago.

I am back but this time I am having issues.
EDIT:
I AM A MORON SO SORRY

Post Merge: August 20, 2021, 06:42:23 AM
Additionally:

Solved my own issues like a big boy!

Post Merge: August 20, 2021, 09:16:00 AM
For some reason the script is not looting MIBs.

I tried adding the MIBs option to the CLAw script and making sure its an active rule but its still not looting them.

What can I do?

Post Merge: August 20, 2021, 09:35:10 AM
Fixed that as well...

Not sure which one it was but I unchecked the ASOS option and also readded the MIBs option on the CLAw script but with the #FINDTYPEs with "AWJC" entered.

Any idea which one it was?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 09:35:10 AM by TrackStar »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1089 on: August 20, 2021, 10:07:44 AM »
Sounds like you got it all figured out.  Nice nice.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx\'s Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1090 on: August 22, 2021, 09:46:12 AM »
Sounds like you got it all figured out.  Nice nice.

Mostly...

how can I ensure that that items are getting looted from the sea serpents?

Specifically MIBs. It seems that they are not being looted despite both selecting the MIBs check box in the Auto Fisher Loot options and choosing MIBs in the CLAw.

I did this by choosing the drop down in "Specified Items" that says "MIBs" and pressing "OK" then moving it from "Rule Entry" to "Active Rules".

Is there something more specific I should have done?

Post Merge: August 22, 2021, 12:47:01 PM
You know what.. I think I figured it out.

For some reason the boxes on the bottom left of the CLAw kept switching around. I think I've stabilized that now and things are working.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 12:47:01 PM by TrackStar »

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 23, 2021, 11:18:42 AM »
I will look at my settings, but honestly the auto looter  you dont have to have much in it, as the FAF will open or not open MIB, will loot all the valuables you need.. what are you trying to search for specifically? And no you dont need MIB or SOS or NET or anything like that in the claw..

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 23, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
I will look at my settings, but honestly the auto looter  you dont have to have much in it, as the FAF will open or not open MIB, will loot all the valuables you need.. what are you trying to search for specifically? And no you dont need MIB or SOS or NET or anything like that in the claw..

Would love to hear your settings in both CLAw and the Fisher.

I thought I fixed the issue but the CLAw check boxes keep switching around. I've tried renaming the setup file and the path to it to make sure it loads up from that file but it looks like that hasn't fixed the issue.

In the past I relied on the Fisher to loot but it was constantly leaving MIBs and other items.

All I have in the CLAw are:
-meat
-MIBs (with AWJC in #FINDTYPEs)<- not sure that's appropriate use of that function
-colored nets
-special nets
-Raw Serpent Steak >= 1 (added that in the User entry/defined section)

It seems like everything would be fine if the CLAw would stop switching its bottom left box markers around.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 23, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
All the sea serpent things you are mentioning changed a few years back. So both the Claw and FAF need to be either current or adjusted to make sure the items you are after will get looted properly. Have you double checked all those settings and definitions?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 23, 2021, 01:56:22 PM »
Ask and you shall receive.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Screenshot_3.jpg

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing