Author Topic: LOOTING CRASH. Grrr.  (Read 6605 times)

Scrripty

LOOTING CRASH. Grrr.
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Ok, who knows the exact reason you crash while looting using a script, and what can be done to make it NOT happen?  I've been messing with ways to make it stop completely and sometimes it works well, then boom, crash.  I've used my script for HOURS without putting in ANY protection for this, then I try to code it out, and BAM crashes constantly.  WHAT IN THE???? :)  I'm stumped.  Seriously.  Anyone know the EXACT reason this happens?  I have read so much, I read it's moving and looting same time, so I stand still, crash.  Then I move, no crash.  GRRRR.  WHAT IS IT???

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: LOOTING CRASH. Grrr.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
Drag drop mostly, especially if you move out of range.

Whenever I have the serious problems, I start putting in 1 second delays all over the place. It helps me to see stuff that I was missing.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:10 AM »
Hi Twinkle McNugget,

I agree with Cerveza using the Drag and Drop Commands without
enough waittime is a big crash factor. Even more if you have a
high ping rate or moving out of range.

My findings so far to solve crshing while moving items:
Set %DelayDrag 15      ; Waittime before Object Movement
Set %DelayDrop 10      ; Waittime after Object Movement

cu

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:09:25 AM »
Drag drop mostly, especially if you move out of range.

Whenever I have the serious problems, I start putting in 1 second delays all over the place. It helps me to see stuff that I was missing.

I've been checking the *bml_wait global var to see when it's done.  The problem I'm having is if more than one corpse needs to be looted, or if someone else is fighting and the corpses are instanced, then it loots at odd times.  How do I account for that?  Do I need to have busy waits all over, or do I need to ONLY loot when the monster is dead, and ONLY continue when it's done looting?  And how do I do that in the Claw?  I've never added support for looting, I've always done it by just running a seperate script, and that worked fairly well, but I want to REALLY support it now.  I have done so much research, now I just want some instant gratification.  Where's the damn info to read, that I can understand...?  And hush TM.  I'm not the scripter you are, reading your script is doing me no good.  Shush. :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »
Yup Most likely Drag and drop not enough wait time.

Even thow Exevent is packet based its slower than hell.

You could experiment  using event drag  .. and and drop .. or click to drop  (not packet based drag just puts in on your cursor like you did it via keyboard...  might not help in anyway just a suggestion.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
If you need to continue your fighting abilities WHILE looting, then you need to run them both concurrently. The problem you'll run into is that while dragging/dropping stuff from the loot script, the fighting script might want to drink a potion or something.

It's *possible* to use globals to ensure that while the looter is active, you don't attempt anything in the fighting script that might cause a crash. You just have to use TM's globals for CLAW and set the triggers to skip anything "offensive" in your fighting script.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
I find 98% of my crashes while looting are from moving away from corpse while it is starting to drag, or the weights are off and it trys to drag while somethign is already dragged etc.

Using global waits for a rail or looter help with certain interacting behaviors.  
There are variable s that would help navigate this for when something is on your cursor, target cursor up, and one more i like to use but cannot remember this second.  you could use them if you already are not to help too.  

If a connection is having hic-ups you are pretty screwed with exevent drags and drops.  You will have crashes.  plain event drags and drops may help with that but could be crappy with streaming damage gumps.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »
Ok, the ONLY thing my script does that uses any kind of target, is honor.  And the ONLY other thing that might interfere is using a potion.  Which I don't do.  But I'm getting a crash while looting, using BM's globals.  I have the script waiting for the looting to be done in a LOT of spots, basically INSURING that my script waits to do ANYTHING until BM's is done looting.  And I'm still crashing.  My script just casts chiv/bush/curse weapon, which shouldn't interfere or crash really... and even so, I'm waiting for looting before I do ANY of that... it's annoying me. :)  This is basically all I'm doing to test it.  I have that before anything in the script.  The only time it's a problem is if it loots at an odd time.  I need to put reverse checks, like set my script to throw up a wait flag so BM's doesn't do a thing until mine's not busy.  That will probly fix it. 

Code: [Select]
      ;====== BM AUTOMAGIC LOOTING SUPPORT;
      menu get 16                         ;
      IF #menures = #TRUE                 ;
      {                                   ; BM Automagic Looting support
         REPEAT                           ;
         IF *bml_busy = #TRUE             ;
            wait 5                        ;
         UNTIL *bml_busy = #FALSE         ;
      }                                   ;
      ;===================================;

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »
Gah, BM's script is setup to use Seg's healing and CEO medic.  Since Seg's is probly less used than CEO, I just used the existing hooks for Seg's script and added some busy flags for my script when it's doing anything that might cause a crash.  Seems to have fixed anything bad happening, but now the script will loot while fighting too, which interferes sometimes...  We'll see, I'm testing now.  I think I ONLY want it loot ONE corpse at a time, but if you use whirlwind, you'd miss a LOT of corpses... Interesting problem tho. :)  I want sure fire looting 24/7.  We'll see how this pans out...

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »
I found it guys, thanks for the input.  I was only checking BM's script for when IT was busy.  What I needed to do was put in checks so BM's script checked when MINE was busy too. :)  That seemed to fix it.  Now BM's will wait till the busy flag is set to 0 even if it's in the middle of looting.  Which is nice, now my script can loot while it fights.  But when it targets anything, or you move, it stops.  Kinda nice actually. :)  I'll need to do some more serious testing tho.  Not sure the way I have done it is correct, but it seems to be working.  Good enough for me! :)

Offline pacotaco

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pacotaco has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
lord I am still plagued by this what kind of check are you putting in the scripts? I would love to duplicate on mine as well. I use a modified looting script with a chis/bush/curse wep script I pieced together.

I will have to search global commands and how to use them for sure. Thanks for this post glad I am not the only one that has wondered how to correct this.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
You need to share some variables... I like Globals for it instead of constant writing to the registry like some people do.

If you are ever going to run more then one script at the same time, there can come a time when they both are trying to do something that together, can cause problems (crash).

So anytime your drag/drop it's a good idea to have the other script check for that Global variable. Just so your not drag/dropping at the same time.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »
I'm having this issue a lot as well.. It happens from just using a basic looting script, but I find it does it much more when I run the looting script at the same time as using a spawn script to work monsters.  I changed the wait timers and its still happening, I don't move well it loots and it still happens, I'm at a lost but it's annoying as I find myself dead often from it.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
The only way to eliminate the crashes completely is to do 3 things

1) sufficient wait times on the loot move
2) Don't start looting with other scripts are doing a task
3) Other Scripts don't do a task while you are looting

Basically 2 and 3 mean your scripts must communicated by setting and un-setting busy flags when doing actions that could conflict.  The way to do this is with global variables...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 05:40:03 PM »
This has been fixed for a while.  My script never crashes unless you're looting while moving. :)  And thats age old.  Thanks tho.

Tags: