5 (13.9%)
Big Donation Store
2 (5.6%)
Amount of Players
6 (16.7%)
Server Location
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: What do you look for in a freeshard?  (Read 16994 times)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What do you look for in a freeshard?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
I did go ahead and vote from the topics that were there. 

But I think another that should be considered is the ability to just jump in and play.  Before I had any idea that Rebirth was even there, I searched through probably 10 different shards until I was able to quite simply hop in and play.  For some of us that have played for as many years as I have, the idea of grinding skills is really a turn off.  Not that it is a complete deterrent, just something to consider.   I certainly don't think you should just have everything handed to you, I just think that the 'beginning game' shouldn't be quite so monotonous.

Just my 16 pennies.. :)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
I did go ahead and vote from the topics that were there. 

But I think another that should be considered is the ability to just jump in and play.  Before I had any idea that Rebirth was even there, I searched through probably 10 different shards until I was able to quite simply hop in and play.  For some of us that have played for as many years as I have, the idea of grinding skills is really a turn off.  Not that it is a complete deterrent, just something to consider.   I certainly don't think you should just have everything handed to you, I just think that the 'beginning game' shouldn't be quite so monotonous.

Just my 16 pennies.. :)

12 pennies.. that is all i gave you.. 12 pennies...  geez give them an inch and they take a mile ;)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 02:33:49 PM »
I actually really enjoyed starting out from scratch again.  Since there are SOO many ways to farm gold quickly, it doesn't take much time to amass a fortune.  I forgot what that was like and I found it quite refreshing.  But now I'm rich again... :(

A friendly player base makes all the difference for me.  Frankly, if a shard ever reverted to a Felucca-only style shard, I'd probably end up leaving.  Fel people are jerks.  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »

I forgot what that was like and I found it quite refreshing.  But now I'm rich again... Sad

TM  yo need to show me how because I'm poor and get my ass handle to me often. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 04:37:19 PM »
TM  yo need to show me how because I'm poor and get my ass handle to me often. 

When I first started Rebirth, I spent alot of time at the Solen area near Wind and looted the gold/gems.  The CLAw was telling me I was getting around 80K/hr.  So I did that for a while just using my mage and EVs.  Also Wind killing the Demons with just earth elementals.  That was around 32K/hr.

My goto initial farming template has always been a true mage that casts EVs and earth elementals.  I pretty much did nothing but that for my first 2 months on Rebirth.

After that, I bought a CU from Scratch and started farming in Tokono and murdering the Bake Kitsune like crazy to get my magic gear up.  To further my magic items, I started farming Swoops and also banked the gold and SW spells.

I also fished like mad just at the time where the fishing chests generate 10K-30K per so that was pretty nice as well.  Oh, I also spent some time farming Tokono arties to get some gear for various characters.

But within a couple months I was pretty much swimming in gold.  Solen is probably the fastest way to make a whole bunch of gold though.  I also bumped the spawn in the hive, so there's even more possibilities in there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline slimebucket

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • slimebucket has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »
I actually really enjoyed starting out from scratch again.  Since there are SOO many ways to farm gold quickly, it doesn't take much time to amass a fortune.  I forgot what that was like and I found it quite refreshing.  But now I'm rich again... :(

A friendly player base makes all the difference for me.  Frankly, if a shard ever reverted to a Felucca-only style shard, I'd probably end up leaving.  Fel people are jerks.  :p

:-[ fel is where real uo is played tho

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »

Joining the right moment is always good.

Summer we have that Invasion Champ drop a lot of BOS Stuff, Gems and Gold, Autumn is Halloween dropping a lot of strong artifacts. I still debate what we could do for spring and winter :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »

:-[ fel is where real uo is played tho

No denying that.  After starting a month after beta, UO had such a wild feel.  Unfortunately, PvP players tend to be insufferable.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

12 pennies.. that is all i gave you.. 12 pennies...  geez give them an inch and they take a mile ;)

Alright, alright... Meet me in the middle.  Can I have 14?

Tags: Freeshard  opinion