Author Topic: Hello, I am Peanutza  (Read 2099 times)

Offline PeanutzaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Peanutza has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello, I am Peanutza
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:24:03 PM »
Hi All,

I've recently started playing uo again after what seems like too long of a break.  My previous experience with uo was very positive, having made some friendships that will last my lifetime.  I guess trust will last a long time when it has been tempered in situations where you can (and did) loose things you valued greatly.  UO as a game and the shard I am now playing on are both very different to what I knew before.  There is enough similarity for nostalgia to cause smiles and enough newness to create excitement for the game again.  I really am having heaps of fun.

One of the things I really enjoyed about uo previously was getting macro's/scripts to make the gaming as efficient as possible. This started as simply as spamming a hide key overnight with a brass padlock balanced on my function key. It ended with complicated and fragile mining/reag buying macros recorded in something called easy macro (I think). A clunky process of having an application record key and mouse strokes and having it replay them in a loop, effectively taking control of your computer while it ran.

The UO I have come back to now is a treasure trove of scripts and assisting applications that not only enhances the game but also adds a completely new skill ceiling that I am thoroughly enjoying working my way towards. I have always been interested in coding/scripting but my enthusiasm currently far outweighs my skills.  I stumbled across this site and your community while trying to improve these skills and am very appreciative of what I have found so far. 

In all the gaming I have done since I first played uo I have never been able to find or recreate the community that I experienced then.  The generosity and willingness to give of oneself to enable someone else is not something I have found in other games.  It is normally drowned out by loud selfishness.

If you would have me, I would like very much to join your community so that I may ask many questions and in time perhaps learn enough so that I may answer I few.

Thanks for your time
Peanut

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello, I am Peanutza
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »
Beautifully said!  We all think that the world of automation makes for a better UO experience.  Hopefully you'll find the tools necessary to make your new experience a better one.  Welcome back!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 05:44:32 AM »
Thanks for your introduction!

WELCOME!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 06:12:32 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline PeanutzaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Peanutza has no influence.
  • Respect: 0