Author Topic: Does anyone have a "vendor buy" script for jewels?  (Read 5694 times)

Offline WilkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Does anyone have a "vendor buy" script for jewels?
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:03:15 AM »
I used to have a buyer script for faction buying that I was going to tweak, but I must have deleted it.

It would make sapphires, rubies, and amber buying less tedious.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Does anyone have a "vendor buy" script for jewels?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
I have some pretty good buy agent subs you could quite easily craft something out of.  They are easy to use and can actually request items by their names, i.e:

Code: [Select]
gosub TM_BuyAgent_Name XXYYZZ1 Citrine 10

Where XXYYZZ1 is the vender ID, and you'll be buying 10 Citrines.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=867.0;highlight=buy+agent
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Great, I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:55:46 AM »
They are pretty generic, but if you string together the runebook subs you could have a pretty nice automated buy farmer.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »
Genesis has a solid auto buy script at EUO that allows you to add in any item type.  The problem with the script, IMHO, is that it is built to buy resources that renew in increasing amounts with a timer and does not have an option to shop for resources that insta-renew with market driven prices like gems, ingots and leather.  It also only allows you to set a single price for resources, not a price for each resource.

I have used it to buy gems, but it is not a perfect solution and could use some work. Might give some ideas to start with though.

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221752#221752

I think Gen is on these boards as Gen2000 or something. I shot him a PM to see if its the same guy.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:30:58 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Wilk,

I PM'd Gen2000 and he is indeed the same Genesis who wrote the vendor buyer.  He mentioned that he is in the process of updating it and I gave him the following suggestions relevant to buying gems and other items subject to the market:

"1. Add capacity to buy the stuff that is market driven rather than on the escalating restock timer. This would mean buying over again immediately from vendors until the price hits your stopping point.  You could do this with a menu toggle, or have it trigger based on what the user is buying.

2. Allow different price points for different items."

TM, I think this thread should be under the "Ultima General Discussions" header. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 08:28:10 AM »

TM, I think this thread should be under the "Ultima General Discussions" header. 

Agreed.  Moving....
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
Wilk,

I PM'd Gen2000 and he is indeed the same Genesis who wrote the vendor buyer.  He mentioned that he is in the process of updating it and I gave him the following suggestions relevant to buying gems and other items subject to the market:

"1. Add capacity to buy the stuff that is market driven rather than on the escalating restock timer. This would mean buying over again immediately from vendors until the price hits your stopping point.  You could do this with a menu toggle, or have it trigger based on what the user is buying.

2. Allow different price points for different items."

Sweet Paul!

I'm glad you didn't request to have this moved into your new Special Project 'R' group you sicko.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »
Yeah, that got the usual, stammering, sweaty palmed, "Uh, nice talking to you, I have to go now... 

Seems like folks just can't be honest with themselves about their deviance, so for now its still just me in my Special Projects R...

I traded some notes with Gen and he started a new header for his autobuy script over at www.easyuo.com to take suggestions for the next iteration of his buyer, which can be found at: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22825&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »
Sweet Paul!

I'm glad you didn't request to have this moved into your new Special Project 'R' group you sicko.

What gives with the anger here?

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:02 AM »
That was related to a conversation Wilk and I had about the Movie Last House on the Left in the shout box a few days ago. Lets just say Wilk got the impression maybe I was too excited to see the rape scene... I will say definitively that there is nothing to his suspicions, I have not seen that movie, and I generally don't care for movies with Jodie Foster, if that is even relevant. I would venture to say that maybe this reveals more about Wilk than me... Yeah. So keep walking. Nothing to see here.   

-Mario Andretti

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
Sweet Paul!

What gives with the anger here?

heh no anger Mass. We're just playin' around.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »
I have a similar Sub to TM's, but I havent Finished coding it to work for every type of Vendor...... I'll See if I can set up a basic Gem Buyer Tonight and Post it as a snippet to see if we can get it to work.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
I used the Auto Buyer from Genesis on EUO manwinc. It's a lil buggy, but beat clicking the menu to buy the gems all day.

I have used your lumberjacker a lot lately though, so you're still being appreciated! :P

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
yea i just used Gens .. worked pretty good for me excpet i kept running out of gold lol
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: