Author Topic: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!  (Read 36098 times)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 04:55:08 AM »
C2, we typically drop as soon as we get in the room.  We almost always get multiple drops.  As I said before, once in a while we only get a single drop, but that does not seem to be the normal.  Also once in a while along with getting multiple drops one person will get 2 item drops instead of 1.  Again, this is not the norm, but it does happen.  Sometimes the drops for multiple characters are the same, sometimes they are not.  Talked to some of our guildies who chained Stygian with Snake yesterday during the day. On most of the Stygies they got multiple drops, to include a couple of times when two or more of them got the Fallen Mystics Spellbook as the drop.

Still yet, once in a while we get no drop at all.  Again not the norm.  Maybe the RNG has just been working in our favor.  Or possibly, it's just Snake's good luck..... He IS a lucky bas**rd!!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
Should we move this info so it doesn't get widely known?  I see gold signs in the future... heh

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
Should we move this info so it doesn't get widely known?  I see gold signs in the future... heh

Probably should move it... though I would no longer be able to contribute.

All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
I'm sure special privs can be arranged. :)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
Move what information?? The fact that it's best to drop party? I think we're being a little over-protective here...
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
Not if it gives you a double and triple chance for items.  That's a huge advantage.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
Well..I am not sure what to think. Yesterday..we did 9 medusa's and a few slashers..HORRID drops...for me..others did ok..I think the RNG was just hating on me yesterday.

Overall..the drop party process has worked incredibly better than partied..on all of these mobs.

That stealth egg hunter... *adopts puppy dog begging face*

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
The RNG hated Snake yesterday..... tonight, being the lucky bastard he is... he got the Slither!... then the next Medusa, another guy who went with us got the Slither also!.... RNG was hating on me big time tonight.  Cpl bows and Petrified snakes.. bah.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
I did seven medusas in a row with party drop (two guys hitting) prior to it spawning.  got NOTHING!!!!  stayed partied for the next one and got the bow. Broke party for the next one and got the stone tooth (only one player got the item).  I don't know i think we were just having crap luck.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »
It was a decent night..we were getting heavy drops..but it was things like that damn snake staff and such..I got 5 of those, besides a bow and the Slither.

I could do much better research if I only had (a brain...no) a stealth egg hunter...*nudge nudge**wink wink*..all the same to a blind bat..ya know..ya know...   (old Monty Pythoners will appreciate that)..

And now for something completely different...

The RNG will love Jaf..tomorrow...

In all seriousness..the drops are dramatically heavier with party dropped vs not dropped.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
Been chaining primeval liche.  Finished about 12-13, no drops, party or not.

RNG is my nemesis.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
only one medusa out of 7 did not give a drop and one was double tonight.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
Well, in all honesty, RNG has sucked for the last 2-3 days.  Snake and I did 10 Medusa's and 10 Stygians tonight. I think we got 1-2 bows and 1 book... we got maybe 15 or so drops total, but they just all sucked... anyone need 25 stone dragons teeth? lol... useless piece of garbage wont even unravel into a relic!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »
Sometimes..the RNG life just sux!!!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »
Gargoyle + Queen soul forge it should unravel to a relic.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: