Author Topic: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!  (Read 35556 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Medusa Drop!
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
Human?
gargoyle and worth it..
  6 more medusas a bow and medusa floor deed.  I broke the major drop streak that was sucking

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 07:25:10 AM »
20 or so more Medusas, a few bows and some worthless garbage....I think you passed your sucky drop streak to me C2!!  Take it back!... or hmm who else can I hand it off to? NObama, OID, Manwinc?  Somebody step up and take this crappy luck!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
Does that renowned fairy chick drop anything worth killing her for?

JaF

yes, the sword of shattered dreams or hopes.  it has splintering which is the sleep spell on crack

Hmm...a new item to hunt...ohhhhh  Jaaaaffffffff!!!!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
20 or so more Medusas, a few bows and some worthless garbage....I think you passed your sucky drop streak to me C2!!  Take it back!... or hmm who else can I hand it off to? NObama, OID, Manwinc?  Somebody step up and take this crappy luck!

JaF

Go ahead, give it to me...but you have to take MINE.  Ask anyone: the RNG hates no toons more than my toons.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »
Does that renowned fairy chick drop anything worth killing her for?

JaF

yes, the sword of shattered dreams or hopes.  it has splintering which is the sleep spell on crack

Hmm...a new item to hunt...ohhhhh  Jaaaaffffffff!!!!

Sounds like we just found a use for those Fey slayer bows that we have about 50 of each Snake!  Bye Bye karma!! Lol

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »

JaF

Go ahead, give it to me...but you have to take MINE.  Ask anyone: the RNG hates no toons more than my toons.

Back in the day, I had one character that could spend an eternity down in Doom and never ever got a single drop.  I had other characters that could go down for 5 mins and get a drop.  I always thought that some how that first character must have been bugged or something.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »
Believe this or not, but when UO first started every character was assigned an invisible "luck" number.  It's used in all sorts of things in UO.  My characters on one account NEVER and I mean NEVER get anything good.  Swap accounts, boom, good items.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
Yeah, my pvp archer has something similar to this. I'll duel guildmates who have the same exact template and suit as me, but i'll land/block 2x the hits they do.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 11:32:49 PM »

JaF

I was just thinking about going to do a Medusa too!

Believe this or not, but when UO first started every character was assigned an invisible "luck" number.  It's used in all sorts of things in UO.  My characters on one account NEVER and I mean NEVER get anything good.  Swap accounts, boom, good items.

I have heard this. I want to say a dev even posted it on stratics but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:31 AM »
Another few Medusas, another bunch of crap drops.... although I did learn one very important thing.  Another guy went in with us last night... the new guy disarmed Medusa.... HOLY CRAP!! DO NOT DISARM HER!  In a full 70s suit, she was hitting me for 130 -160 per hit!  When you have 133 HP, you can imagine what happens when she hits you like that... suddenly your screen goes grey and you think to your self, the next time this guy disarms her I'm gonna stop killing her and start killing HIM!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2010, 04:52:05 AM »
that would explain why still to this day i have never gotten a doom drop even with the new point system.

I have some really crappy drop guys for sure!

8 medusas and nada special last night

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »

I dont think this was ever confirmed by a dev, but i have one account (>12yrs) that has never. ever. Ever gotten a drop.  I just figured the game hates me.

Scrripty

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

I dont think this was ever confirmed by a dev, but i have one account (>12yrs) that has never. ever. Ever gotten a drop.  I just figured the game hates me.

It was confired ages ago.  Before LB left.  heh

Tags: