Author Topic: Large amounts of ignore items.  (Read 3871 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Large amounts of ignore items.
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »
Does anyone know off hand if ignoring a ton of items eventually causes speed issues within EasyUO?

I'm working on a script that will be running as much as possible, all day, every day and it crossed my mind.

Thanks.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Large amounts of ignore items.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
Sure will.  For scripts like the CLAw, I maintain two separate lists of items.  One of those is a "live" list that accepts all incoming candidates to be ignored.  After a period of time (like 10 minutes) I "promote" the live list to the archived list and clear out the live list to absorb new items.  Every 10 minutes, I just dump the last archived list.

This way, you keep your ignored list size under control.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
*Plugs Twinkle McNugget's Pseudo Ignore Sub*
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »
Sure will.  For scripts like the CLAw, I maintain two separate lists of items.  One of those is a "live" list that accepts all incoming candidates to be ignored.  After a period of time (like 10 minutes) I "promote" the live list to the archived list and clear out the live list to absorb new items.  Every 10 minutes, I just dump the last archived list.

This way, you keep your ignored list size under control.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing also.  Two ignore lists rotating & clearing them based on decay rate/SCNT. 

I've ran it for an hour max so far without restarting and really didn't notice any slow down, but I was thinking of tracking sub times on certain functions to see if it did increase in time, but figured someone else may have already looked into it.

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
*Plugs Twinkle McNugget's Pseudo Ignore Sub*

I told you it was pretty slick. :)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
Does anyone know off hand if ignoring a ton of items eventually causes speed issues within EasyUO?

I'm working on a script that will be running as much as possible, all day, every day and it crossed my mind.

Thanks.

Whatcha doin'?

;D

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 03:49:52 AM »
*Cough* Tm's list worked great, but I increased the time to 20 minutes some corpse seem to pop back out for some reason.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »

Thanks.

Whatcha doin'?

;D

I wrote something to try out the idea i've had for awhile of farming a particular area, looting/sending gold, while evaluating the items within the corpse for potential relic fragments.  Right now I've got it pretty much done.  It'll recall in, walk the entire rail to where it's gota go, farm until the loot bag gets so full that the amount of gold to send when reaching an overweight status is less than inputed, leave, goto queens forge, unravel, and repeat.

Right now I'm kinda wondering if I want to really even bother continuing with it.   I'm averaging just over 1mil per hour in gold/essence/fragments with 0 luck.  I'm wondering if a nice imbued luck suit w/ the appropriate luck artifacts/items will increase the output enough to make it worthwhile investing in.

I guess I'm just bored, lol.

I don't really need gold, but for some reason I want more even though I've been sitting on an absurd amount for quite some time.  My plant script is in final tweaking stages, and between 3 houses full, those will be rolling in a ton of gold too.

I keep seeing shiny lavalieres in another vision I have for slasher, but I'm just too lazy to build the characters, suits, and take a gamble if it'll work.  Just trying to find something to do in UO.  And for me, it almost ALWAYS involves a script :P

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »
This sounds like a good idea for a script and would be fairly easy to write as a a basic but would need a lot of error checks to keep it alive and being productive. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
This sounds like a good idea for a script and would be fairly easy to write as a a basic but would need a lot of error checks to keep it alive and being productive. :)

Ive found the only thing I need is to scan for players and the reptalians.  They hurt!  When either is found I just have it leave, and recall to a safe spot and sit AFK if it was a reptalian, or log out if it was a player.  The minotaurs are easy and if they happen to wander up they also die just like the poor snakes haha.

I've sent it to a friend who's also interested in it.  Going to see if he tries the luck suit!  If so and it works out maybe I'll run it occasionally if I get tired of BODs and hammers for my relics/essence.

Tags: