Author Topic: Plant script  (Read 21015 times)

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Plant script
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
I'm working on a plant script, tending, collecting, all the good stuff.  Debating on how far to really go with it, or where to draw the line.  Go all the way, or half way.

A simple one to run every so often when I run out of renewal seeds would be nice, but gosh the setup can be a pain.

Obviously the easy parts that i'll include:
Filling all bowls with dirt
Locking all plants down
Moving plants to the chopable container
Watering the bowls of dirt
Seeding the bows
Tending plants
Collecting resources

I honestly don't wana buy the bowls and go around from NPC to NPC so I'm most likely going to pull the subs out from my shopper, and make it automatically buy/fill the bowls and dropping them off at home after I get the other crap working.

I've got the tending part half way done, just trying to make a few things happen to my plants to write the remaining checks/subs.  All the other subs are simple loops, so I'll do them when I'm ready to test in bulk & need them to prepare.

Anyone have any ideas on what else would be useful?  I think that's about it for the most part.  I'm still reading up information on plants themselves, and any tactics players may have in the whole tending thing to consider into the script.

I know some players already have this, but I'm writing it for some friends that are tired of doing all the bowl collecting, filling, seed planting, watering, locking down, making/buying pots, getting an account to do it on so that someone they know who has a script, can press play for them to tend their plants, and then take the majority of their seeds for their 'services'.  The most annoying part is knowing that some obtained what they shouldn't have, and being the way they are to their 'friends/guild'.  Yes this script will be posted, and freely sent out.  Hopefully once it's done I won't need to maintain it & the public can maintain it, since I lose interest as most know lol...  I'll post my progress once I get the tending part finished, and update from there.

If anyone would like to share ideas feel free.  If anyone actually tends plants and knows some good ways to tend them feel free to enlighten me.  Right now it seems pretty basic.  Find the -/+, apply the correct amount of potions.  Strength potions I don't see where they come in.  I'm thinking apply them only when a plant didn't grow at it's growth cycle?  Maybe a bad fungi/infestation combination?  If anyone has any good links to cover that too, that would be great.

So far I'm grabbing information from:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-botany-nutrition/95422-gardening-faq-last-updated-8-15-2008-a.html
http://www.uoguide.com/Gardening

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
Re: Plant script
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
Twinkle McNugget pretty much has the tending section perfected. tends plants, pulls resources when available, and waits till day 16 to pull all seeds, cuts them up and stores for the most part.. might want to ask him for permissions to his private library.

I like your idea about recalling around and collecting bowls.

I have a few subs I use to fill bowls with dirt, move bowls around, water and seed, ect.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:08:16 AM by Khameleon »

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
I have faith that OMG can write one just as good as mine.  You can use my poor man's ocr sub and Kal In Ex has some plant tending subs that are REALLY nice to use with a little updating.  You can pretty much make his tend whole crops with minimal work.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:33:52 AM »
I was really into doing plants for the Resources some time back, but got frustrated when I could not get Hort-O-Matic to work the way I wanted it to, plus it was so slow.  I helped beta test Coragin's Script, which I think went to Twinkle McNugget, but that Script went Private and/or Elite?  If you need help testing and/or breaking the Script, I would be more than happy to help OMG...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
I agree with you.... Your wheel is damned well pretty rounded already.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
I was really into doing plants for the Resources some time back, but got frustrated when I could not get Hort-O-Matic to work the way I wanted it to, plus it was so slow.  I helped beta test Coragin's Script, which I think went to Twinkle McNugget, but that Script went Private and/or Elite?  If you need help testing and/or breaking the Script, I would be more than happy to help OMG...

That script was in horrible shape when I came on board.  After months of no one updating or helping, I scrapped that version and rewrote my own from scratch.  It's 100 percent and done.  It tends with no errors, picks all resources, clips all plants, makes dyes if resources are available, logs in and out to tend, buys bowls and dirts them, locks them down in house and rinse/repeats.  But I kept the final version private as it's just too much to hand out to anyone.  It would spread like wildfire and ruin the market.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
That script was in horrible shape when I came on board.  After months of no one updating or helping, I scrapped that version and rewrote my own from scratch.  It's 100 percent and done.  It tends with no errors, picks all resources, clips all plants, makes dyes if resources are available, logs in and out to tend, buys bowls and dirts them, locks them down in house and rinse/repeats.  But I kept the final version private as it's just too much to hand out to anyone.  It would spread like wildfire and ruin the market.

I fully understand Twinkle McNugget the reasoning that you went private with it.  I was helping test the original one and sent in plenty of bugs and errors.  I just felt left out that I was not included in the next project and since then have not done any Gardening.  Your Script sounds great!  Everything I am looking for to do plants again.  That's what a good Gardening Script should have! Sure, would be nice to have something to do plants again...!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:16:10 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
I honestly don't wana buy the bowls and go around from NPC to NPC so I'm most likely going to pull the subs out from my shopper, and make it automatically buy/fill the bowls and dropping them off at home after I get the other crap working.

Anyone have any ideas on what else would be useful?  I think that's about it for the most part.  I'm still reading up information on plants themselves, and any tactics players may have in the whole tending thing to consider into the script.

If anyone would like to share ideas feel free.  If anyone actually tends plants and knows some good ways to tend them feel free to enlighten me.  Right now it seems pretty basic.  Find the -/+, apply the correct amount of potions.  Strength potions I don't see where they come in.  I'm thinking apply them only when a plant didn't grow at it's growth cycle?  Maybe a bad fungi/infestation combination?  If anyone has any good links to cover that too, that would be great.

One idea for the bowls is that if you don't want the clippings, you can always empty the bowls after they finish growing instead of turning the plant decorative.  That would save a little time for buying bowls, but it's all in the preference (the script I wrote for tending, which uses Kal in Ex's plant OCR script) has an option to go decorative or to empty, since I like to packrat anything I can get and a friend just reuses the bowls.

As for the strength potions, I find that they mainly help when something causes a plant to not be tended and it gets a red '-' or when it is less than "vibrant". 

Those are just a couple things off the top of my head, but I am sure I can offer more as needed!
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
That script was in horrible shape when I came on board.  After months of no one updating or helping, I scrapped that version and rewrote my own from scratch.  It's 100 percent and done.  It tends with no errors, picks all resources, clips all plants, makes dyes if resources are available, logs in and out to tend, buys bowls and dirts them, locks them down in house and rinse/repeats.  But I kept the final version private as it's just too much to hand out to anyone.  It would spread like wildfire and ruin the market.

I fully understand Twinkle McNugget the reasoning that you went private with it.  I was helping test the original one and sent in plenty of bugs and errors.  I just felt left out that I was not included in the next project and since then have not done any Gardening.  Your Script sounds great!  Everything I am looking for to do plants again.  That's what a good Gardening Script should have! Sure, would be nice to have something to do plants again...!   ;D

Who sent you the old one?  I don't remember you sending me any bug reports...?  Point me to a link of what you're referring to plz.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
It would spread like wildfire and ruin the market.

*cough* POF *cough*

Same reason I'm keeping my fish questor on the DL for a while longer.  

That, and the fact that navigation is still a bastard.  And the fact that i've yet to get a Single.  Stinking.  Powerscroll.  Curse you, RNG!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:37:07 PM by NObama »

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »

Who sent you the old one?  I don't remember you sending me any bug reports...?  Point me to a link of what you're referring to plz.

I think he was referring to the Hort-SUO script... not the one you revamped...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
Twinkle McNugget pretty much has the tending section perfected. tends plants, pulls resources when available, and waits till day 16 to pull all seeds, cuts them up and stores for the most part.. might want to ask him for permissions to his private library.

I like your idea about recalling around and collecting bowls.

I have a few subs I use to fill bowls with dirt, move bowls around, water and seed, ect.

I've got the updated one from here.  I'm creating one I can pass around to whoever may want it.  If it was one specifically for my use, I would use that one. :P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 07:31:28 AM »
I have faith that OMG can write one just as good as mine.  You can use my poor man's ocr sub and Kal In Ex has some plant tending subs that are REALLY nice to use with a little updating.  You can pretty much make his tend whole crops with minimal work.

Yeah I'm really just going to use simple pixcol commands for the gump recognition.  So far it's working great.  As the days go by on my plants I'm just adding in some simple pixel recognition as available.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »

Sure thing.  It'll be available publicly for testing/use.  I'm really going to rely on others input/testing on this but it should be simple.  So far it's tended all of my plants yesterday.  All 4 of them that are alive LOL.  I actually forgot about them for a few days and a few were still shugging along... slowly!  I'm going to plant about 20 or so today for testing purposes without overwhelming myself.

I'll have something posted as soon as I code in some anti over potion applying failsafe, and tweak the fungi/infestation subs.  They work now, but I don't want it to go out killing plants on accident.  :P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »

One idea for the bowls is that if you don't want the clippings, you can always empty the bowls after they finish growing instead of turning the plant decorative.  That would save a little time for buying bowls, but it's all in the preference (the script I wrote for tending, which uses Kal in Ex's plant OCR script) has an option to go decorative or to empty, since I like to packrat anything I can get and a friend just reuses the bowls.

As for the strength potions, I find that they mainly help when something causes a plant to not be tended and it gets a red '-' or when it is less than "vibrant". 

Those are just a couple things off the top of my head, but I am sure I can offer more as needed!

Thanks!

Would you recommend one greater strength potion or two?  Or should it scale on how unhealty it is maybe?

The bowl thing is a great idea.  I never knew that.

Tags: