Author Topic: system registery info questions  (Read 4034 times)

Offline cybercasperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
system registery info questions
« on: May 20, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »
So I have been getting back into idocs lately and i understand that instead of redoing every single idoc rail i can just modify the system registery. I have been able to do that but now here is my question. I have attached a picture of part of my registery. as you can see in there if you look at wiz_idoc_shard1_b1r1x11 the data is 1103 which is the correct spot for book 1 rune 11 but then the next spot is wiz_idoc_shard1_b1r1x12 with the data of 1104. since i have redone my runes different times does that mean the ones between b1r1x11 and x12 are the other runes i have done and if so can i just delete those so that way it would make it easier for me to modify it is the future.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
reg.png

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: system registery info questions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 05:07:50 AM »
No, because the registry is sorted alphabetically and not in X+Y pairs. This means, as you can see in your screenshot, all the X locations are bunched together and, further down, all the Y locations are bunched together. Since it takes an X and a Y for any one location you'd end up cutting off half the data of one or the other once in a while.

Simply, this rail runner was designed to re-run rail sections in game, not in the registry.

The real problem with that rail runner, and with EUO rails in general, is getting stuck on house stairs or not being able to navigate around a blocking house. If THOSE issues were fixed you would never need to re-record a rail or modify the registry.

Note: A simple fix to your problem however would be to move the X or Y in each registry line to the END of each entry so that, for example, location 105X and 105Y would appear beside each other. By having it in the X105 and Y105 format they get sorted by X and Y before the 105 is reached.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:10:29 AM by Gemviper »

Offline cybercasperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: system registery info questions
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 05:23:27 AM »
ok so then does that mean for rune 11 i have like 9 spots i could actually change then before i get to the next spot, and i do understand the x and y, since i choose to do a pathfind distance of 2 instead of the 5 or whatever was the original set up. i added another attachment of just one rune spot that i ran so that way i could figure out how to get around a house. how come those are pretty close in x and y coords. compared to the first post

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
reg1.png
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:44:45 AM by cybercasper »

Tags: