Author Topic: My neighbors are filthy...  (Read 2876 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
My neighbors are filthy...
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
So the people who live across the street are commercial fisherman (Pretty common thing where I live) and they just moved in about 4 months ago, they previous owners are the parent's of the current owners, they were also commercial fishers and they were pretty chill. When the kids took over the place I noticed some things, they are far less cleaner with their fishing gear than their parents. They don't clean their pods at the docks like the rest of the commercial fishers, they seem to be a lot lazier.

Now most people would think "Hey, so what, they bring their pods homes and wash them, they is probably a charge at the docks." And that could be the case, I honestly don't know, however what I do know is that since they moved in, the entire block smells like *bleep*, literally... You know, that smell of something left at the bottom of the ocean for a week? Multiplied by about 400 since that's about how many pods they have out there, packed into their little alley next to their garage. Two years we lived across the street of the parent's, no smell, no swarm of racoons and cats every night feeding off what's left on the pods, no nothing. 4 months of the kids, crapola. (I'll have to take a picture of the swarms sometime, or perhaps upload a capture from our security feed.)

Honestly the smell wasn't too horrible, however what I just discovered absolutely sets me off... In my household, we converted our garage into a computer room because honestly we didn't have much use for anything else in there since it connects to the back yard, the access from the house is always open so our dogs can get to the back yard. I just went out there to close the back door and I see some stuff jumping around on the carpet, lo and behold, SAND FLEAS. Sand fleas that have migrated across the road from the mess of pods that isn't properly cleaned, into our yard and garage.

What a mess -.-

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: My neighbors are filthy...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »
Any housing ordinances in your area?

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »
I know here in Podunk USA where I live we have nuisance ordinances. Which covers a wide list of things from junk to not cutting your grass.  Might be worth looking into.

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
I doubt we have any ordinances like that but I'll def look into it.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »
I always call the health department

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:57:44 AM »
I always call the health department

That can definatley will work just takes a little time but can get things repaired once the HD gets involved.

Tags: