Author Topic: ENDERS GAME  (Read 3956 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
ENDERS GAME
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:07:46 AM »
 I have been waiting for this a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNWLgY-wuo

Offline Skoad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Skoad has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ENDERS GAME
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:07:50 AM »
This has been one of my favorite books since I was 12. Favorite being Enders Shadow but Enders Game is the next in line.

Im excited for the movie but at the same time, Im worried they will ruin the story and miss vital details.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »
I own the series, and have read it probably 4 times. I can't wait to see the movie either!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
Saw the preview for the first time last night.  Can't wait!  It's not how I envisioned the command and control of the fleet, but it looks kick ass!

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:35:21 PM »
This has been one of my favorite books since I was 12. Favorite being Enders Shadow but Enders Game is the next in line.

Im excited for the movie but at the same time, Im worried they will ruin the story and miss vital details.

Read Ender's Game, Starship Troopers, The Forever War, and Armor long ago.  If you're into that sort of stuff, they all kept me turning pages.

Couldn't get into the sequel to Ender's Game (Speaker for the Dead), seemed too apologetic, wonder if the later books in the series are worth reading.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »
I have read the book several times now but I just can't remember. I know Mazer Rackham was a Jewish half-Maori. But did they ever mention him having the tribal facial tatts?
If so, then OK. If not... why the hell did they put them on him????
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Skoad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Skoad has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »
Ive read Engers Game 5 times now. Read it again just last month to get a good refresher. The facial tat is never mentioned in the book. It definitely seems like a stupid thing to just add to a character.

Ive read the entire series and enjoyed it. Beans series was more my favorite over the Ender books, its a good series. None of them are anywhere close to matching Enders Shadow/Enders Game.

Tags: