Author Topic: Neighbor's lawn fire  (Read 3791 times)

Offline ximanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Neighbor's lawn fire
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »

Neighbor's teenage daughters decided to try and burn down the subdivision last night with some one a.m. fireworks.  Went outside to give them a piece of my mind over the noise, ended up putting out their lawn as they were nowhere to be found.  Wind was gusty, was glad they didn't have a lot of leaves (unlike mine).  Nothing like putting out a grass fire bare foot in 35 degrees with a 20" garden tile.  It was a toss up to call the fire dept or just deal with it, had it out in three or four minutes. No one ever came out or helped.  I've done plenty of dumb things in my youth, including causing a pasture fire with fireworks at my grandparent's farm, but I've never walked away from a blaze without putting it out or getting help to do so.  Next time maybe I'll just chuck a gas can or two over there to help things along!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Neighbor's lawn fire
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
I was beginning to think that youth had lost the desire for pyromaniacy.  At least you got things under control before you lost too many garden gnomes.

Reflecting back, I did FAR worse with fireworks.  lol.  I remember burning off my eyebrows with a bottle rocket that I thought was a dud.  That's just for beginners.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Ah the joys of fireworks. We burnt up a 1980's model caprice with bottle rockets lol

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »
Lucky you caught it in time !

I was also stupid once upon a time & let the neighbor kid talk me into bringing him so of my mom's hairspray....   Lets just say the abandoned shack next door with 3 ft tall dry grass had lots of grasshoppers which the other kid thought would be fun to try to blow torch outta the air.   I was running the other way 10 sec after he started bc I realized it could all go boom & luckily my mother saw me frantically dragging the hose that way and rushed out to help etc...    All good in the end fire was put out, but another minute or so & it would have been hugely bad...  3 weeks grounded for myself & the other kids dad was the local church pastor and I didn't see him for a long time...

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »
Turning piccolo petes into large firecrackers. :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »
Ximan, make up a early morning firefighting bill and put it in their mailbox. I am sure that you will never see any payment but the parents may find out that something happened lol.

Tags: